Can anyone tell me where to go online to determine the dimensions/acerage of my city property?

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you in a HOA?
Yes, but I'm at work and they would probably be upset if I called to ask them right now (ha,ha).
I was hoping someone would start a discussion on this, because our HOA has asked for a legal opinion on it. There seems to be info. out there that says your property dimensions include one-half of the street. For those of us in an HOA, this would increase the acreage of the homeowner and reduce the acreage of the HOA. We are hoping to get an answer soon. On the other hand, for those who live in a subdivision with City-maintained streets, the word is out that the City intends to vigorously claim their right to lease all the streets. Maybe some of the regulars on this site will have more information, but it will be important when giving advice to know whether the property in question is within a HOA or not.
I have heard the same about dimensions including half of the street. I live on a corner lot and could claim both street halves as my property. I just can't seem to locate township and range maps anywhere on the internet. I thought they would be there somewhere. I also understand why the City would fight to keep their interests in the streets since they leased all the City's property for $1 an acre last year or so.
Did you see the map at the bottom of the main page?
Yes, that gave me the section. I know the township and range (I think I mistated myself in the previous post). I'm looking for the actual dimensions of my property somewhere online. Any suggestions?
where did you get your information on the city leasing for 1 buck an acre, Seems a little far fetched to me
alleyboy, see page 5B of the Times today and tell the man you're sorry.
Street Right of Ways are Not your property. They belong to the Public.
You could get them online from the clerk of courts in your parish, you'll find them most likely in your deed. In Webster parish it cost about $55 dollars to do it.
I've done a lot f searching and you're not going to find half the street as part of your property. But----riparian(look it up) maintains a differing opinion. Subsurface rights extend to the middle of the street or a stream abutting your property.
I should have been more specific. I know I don't own half the street abutting my property, but how do you figure in the subsurface rights when trying to figure your acerage?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service