ANY NEWS ON THE SHELL OIL CO WELLS IN NORTH SABINE PARISH????

There hasn't been any posts lately concerning the two Shell wells in North Sabine so I thought I would see what goods rumors have surfaced in the last few days. I hear that they were very good wells. Can anyone else offer anything up?

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you seen the transcript of the EnCana earnings call? I am attaching, below, a copy of the pertinent comment about their wells in the Haynesville Shale. There has to be a mistake about the dollars. I think its cubic feet not dollars. Even so, these would be huge wells.. One is identified as being in Red River parish and I think the other two are in Sabine parish.

Jeff Wojahn - Executive Vice President of EnCana Corporation and President of USA Region

Yes, Gil, it's Jeff Wojahn. The biggest issue we have is forecasting of these early life resource plays and the Deep Bossier is probably the most difficult one, simply because we are not drilling that many wells. We are planning to have about 40 wells a year, nine a quarter and, this last quarter we didn't, as Randy said, hit any of the big wells. So, that caused us to be behind our mean case, but certainly well within the range of expectations.

I can tell you next month, we've got three more wells that we are bringing on and, our expectation is that we're going to be bringing on about $100 million a day of gross productivity from those three wells. So, it's just a world-class asset and we expect outstanding performance from it. But, we can't kind of forecast well-to-well or quarter-to-quarter that well.

Gil Yang - Citi Investment Research

So, Jeff the three ones you are bringing on with the $100 million a day productivity, you have tested those, so you know what they are going to be producing at?

Jeff Wojahn - Executive Vice President of EnCana Corporation and President of USA Region

That's our expectations. We haven't tested them yet. We have good…, we have a well logs in good understanding of the settings. We are continuing to be bullish on our forecast and our team is confident that, through time, that our one bcf a day target for East Texas will be met.

Unquote

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service