There is a lot of talk about $10,000 to $12,000 per acre leases with 25% in N. Sabine. What I do not understand is, with the southern half of Desoto Parish receiving $27,500 and 27.5%, why they think people in Sabine would take any less. Surely after all this time and with all the information available there not people scared that they are going to be left out or fall out of the play. We have been lucky to be able to watch Caddo and Desoto go through this process, and should be wiser than to let these guys fear monger and pick off people for lesser amounts. I may be alone in feeling sick seeing people taking offers that are low, but this also hurts the people that are willing to wait for a legitimate offer. Please study up and when these guys come knocking know your stuff.

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steven, it's sad to say but there are alot of people STILL being led to believe that they are going to be left out. These folks representing some of these companies are acting like Kirby vacuum salesmen, they pressure folks and make them think they have the best deal but they try to force them to make their minds up within a few hours or else, loose everything. Well, they were doing the same thing in DeSoto and Caddo just a few weeks ago and still are in some areas, but it has been proven in Ft. Worth and in North LA that if people will get organized, get 150 acres or more, and hire a good O&G attorney (at a flat rate and not percentage), the gas companies will get right on their dealings.
The offer of 27,500 and 27.5% was in Stonewall, which is in the very north of Desoto parish not the southern half. Regardless I think people can still get 13,000 or more an acre with good representation.
There are already offers of 12,000 and are you saying no one in south Desoto received 27/27.5?
Why would they admit to paying someone more money then they seem to want to pay you ? It is simple economics + being able to lie. Keep it as cheap as you can. Thats the name of the game for them.
To my knowledge no. There is a large difference between 12,000 and 27,500 thats a 125% increase not to mention the 10% increase in royalty. I am not trying to dampen anyone's spirit though, north sabine could lease for 40,000 I'm not prophet. If you are looking to lease within the next few weeks, barring anything new, 14,000 would be great as far as I know.
Yes, you definately need to know your stuff. I had Petrohawk tell me the other day that a dry hole had been drilled near my land in southern desoto and they were not really interested in that part of desoto but may be later. In short, I shot the dry hole statement out of the water with Sonris. I found the well on Sonris and the well he was referring to was not even a Haynesville! Sonris is powerful, play with it and learn how to use it!
You should have told him to either get some better engineers or up the bonus, because if they drill dry holes you won't get any royalty. haha
The big thing I see about Sabine Parish is that there is a LOT of land available for leasing. They have never had the production down there that DeSoto has had and not very much of that land was HBP. So the combination of a lot of available land and no certainty yet of the shale's southern boundary might be keeping high bonuses at bay. But as we've said so often here, be patient, things could change.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service