It's fun to day dream....and I've heard all kinds of time frames. But could someone comment on how long these wells will likely produce? I've heard anywhere from 5-10 years to up to 30 years! I know this is a bigger fish than what they are used to frying...and technology just gets better and better...
But realistically, how long do they think they can produce?

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The CEO's of various companies in this play have said that these wells could produce for up to 50 years. That being said they would of course be out of the XXX monster stage of production but producing none the less.
I've perused some of the well production data on Sonris Lite recently. Production seems to drop off a good bit within 6 months.

I will add that I have not had time to conduct more research, but intend to in the near future.

If I find significant information, I will try to repost my updated opinion.
Production will drop sharply after the first few months of production and then level off to a plateau, sometimes half of previous volume, for the life of the well.
If they produce the kinds of results predicted, they won't have to produce long. Just a few years and I would have more money than I could ever spend!!!!! And I don't have any kids so no need to worry about leaving anything to anyone!!!!!
Hereford--

If you want to adopt me and leave me what's left of the royalties, that will be just fine.

:)
I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD SAY THIS! I couldn't resist the post though, we have to have a little fun. Unfortunately I don't think I could adopt anyone, most of you here are probably older than me and that would be awkward!
I care less about how long and more about how much.
I'm with you, Shaq. I'd love to know about how much (at say, 20% royalty, to be conservative) a reasonable royalty payment per year might be--at least for the first year or two.
Natural Gas Royalty Calculator
\This conservative since you will surely sign for 25% royalties and the well could conceivably produce twice as much.
You have specified 1 acres included in the pool containing 640 acres

The calculations below are based on a royalty offer of 20% and a price of $12.00 per Mcf on a wellhead producing 8.50 MMcf per day.

Total Daily Wellhead Value: $102,000.00
Your Share of the pool is 0.00156
Daily Income From This Well: $31.88
Weekly Income From This Well: $223.13
Monthly Income From This Well: $937.13
1st Year Income From This Well: $11,602.50
May want to use 'wellhead' pricing on that gas sir.
Nicole,
I read some information in regards to the Barnette shale and there was a well that was producing to date for 27 years. Look into the matter if you have some spare time.
Jody
We are being "held by production" from three Cotton Valley wells drilled in the 80's and early 90's that have dropped some in production but still produce. These were not huge wells when new. We almost wish we weren't getting those small checks. If there was someway to get out of those and redo it would be great. We can't complain tho, the checks have been handy all of these years. If these HS wells produce for that long everyone will have plenty of bread and milk money.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service