Howdy folks, can some of you seismograph experts please help with information. I need to know the process by which it's done, how much surface damage to expect, protection clauses for a lease, and of course, how much to expect to be paid. Thanks in advance.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A lot of it can be done by helicopter I think?

Is someone approaching you wanting to negotiate for ability to do seismographics on your property?
No, I just want to be ready when and if. I'm located in the "fringe area" and I expect exploration may happen soon.
It's probably already been done. They have pretty sophisticated ways to do this now, test wells maybe though?

Randy
Cajun is proposing 3-D on my place in Caddo. They started out with a low-ball offer of $10/acre, then went to $25 when I didn't respond. It will involve both shot holes and vibrasizer truck. There is a creek on the property that I'm concerned about, and tree issues. I've pressed them for details about protection measures, compensation details, etc. They're being pretty vague in response, i.e., boilerplate stuff like "industry standards will be followed".

I plan to monitor before and after conditions closely. BTW, if anyone can recommend a good hourly or flat rate landowners atty, I'd be thankful.
this is exactly what they are doing presently with my land
In the old days it was done with blasting caps and the sound waves were measured but I think they have newer, less intrusive ways now. I've heard talk of geothermal imaging, a type of X-ray of the area.
ok, this is very basic but: Seizsmic exploration can be done by blasting dynamite from a hole drilled several hundred feet in the grond or dropping a heavy weight from a truck (thumper truck) on hard ground such as paved roads, by shaking the ground with a vibrasizer. Seismic lines destroy vegitation & may cause erosion. 3-D tests cause greater surface disturbance than 2-D tests. Dynamite "shot holes" may intercept the water table & water may begin to flow or seep to the surface. Seizmic testing can also cause water wells to become "dirty" requiring the well to be drilled deeper to hit fresh water again. I hope this information helps.
The dynamite method has also cracked pond dams and home foundations
From my understanding this is the "old" way. I could be wrong?
Yes, it used to be pretty common. I've seen many seismograph lines in the woods as well as the remanants of the blasting caps.
I think now it is done by more technologically advanced methods.

If anyone wants to do what is described above in the thread, please don't let them...doesn't sound ecologically safe.
Thanks for all the fast responses. I'm fairly familiar with the old "drill & blast" methods, but I thought that had been abandoned.

As far as methods go, do they need to traverse your property with the thumper or x-ray trucks? Or can they just do it on public roads?

Also, what is the going rate of pay?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service