Is there any way to find out what section your are in without going to the courthouse and fighting the hundreds of people finding out about their mineral rights? Also is there any way to find out what sections the O&G companies are leasing in or interested in?

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have access to parish maps where I work that have the township/range/sections numbers on them. Drop me an email at b_hllnd@yahoo.com, describing as best you can where you live (my maps don't have parish road names on them, but I'm pretty familiar with the parish), and I can give you a pretty good guess. Ultimately your deed will have the info, if you have a copy. Me, personally I have a copy of the subdivision plat where I live, with the legal description of the subdivision on the plat, including the Township, Range, and Section.
First six numbers of your account number:

181524.......Township 18 Range 15 Section24
Caddo Parish residents can go online to get this data.

http://mytax.eztaxonline.net/caddo/tax/showSearchMain.do

Bossier Parish

http://www.bossierparishassessor.org/cgi-bin/pub_search.pl
crazycat, look on your property deed, there will be a legal description that includes a T__ (Township)and a R__ (Range) and a section number. If you live in a subdivision there will be more more breakdowns. My sister-in-law went to the Bossier Parish Court House in Benton for me last Monday and there was not a wait. They even ask her what she wanted and someone looked it all up for her because she was not familiar with the process. It cost $2.00 to get a copy of my deed.

You can also access the Bossier Parish Assessors office on-line and see if they give a legal description of your property. You will need your addressor property ID number.

I too, would like to know if there is a place that indicates what areas are being "leased or interested in."
Go to the PHOTOS section of this site.

Find your parish. There is a map for each parish showing the Township/Range and Regions for each Parish.
Use this map. It is easier to read.
Attachments:
Har C2 - I'm gonna embarass myself again, but maybe somebody else needs to know too. How do you figure out the north/south/east/west part? I saw it on another thread awhile back and now I can't find it.
My Geo. No. is 16-13-03-014000400
Township numbers are located on the Left side of the Grid map.

Range numbers are located on the top.

Read the Township numbers first.

Then read the Range numbers.

Look on the map of Caddo in PHOTOS.

My maps do not show the section. Section are divided in to 36 units.

Need to use Section maps which can be found under the PHOTOS section.
You are NOT the only one who wanted to know. Thanks for asking so I did not have to ask my husband!
Call your parish tax accessor,give them your address they can give your imformation.
you can buy maps at construction supply just off linwood in shreveport , , also most logging companys have maps
I drew a Section Map for you. Located in the PHOTOS section.

How to read.
Har C2 - You are good! Your maps are helping so many people. Many thanks.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service