Section 27 that is owned by Louisiana State? eg...part of Eagle Nest

Can you believe that the State of Louisiana is stating that they own the mineral rights to part of section 27? What are everyones thoughts on this? I am mad myself! What about a petition?

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which township and range? If sec 27 is near Lake Bistineau, and has land that is below the 148.6' contour line on the lake side, then YES, the state of LA claims it owns that land. It has been a controversy for 70 - 80 years or more. Currently in litigation between the state and federal govt. Court date to determine who owns what is Nov 2009. See Bossier, Webster and Bienville Parish networks for discussion on this topic.
Actually this contour line will come into play all along the Red River and tributaries. So, yes, it can affect land around Keithville. There will be a lot of property affected by this. Someone on the forum mentioned one family who had their lease check 'stopped payment' on after the land man discovered this controversy. If the State wins this litigation, can you see LA 'repurchasing' all this land they are now taking away from folks who bought it years ago? Will the State reimburse us all for the purchase price and taxes paid over the last 80 or so years? It will be cheaper the the State to just forget about any royalties to be gained in light of what will have to be paid out to families affected by this. .
Would the state receive royalties for river (Red River) bottoms? The Red River cuts thru the section that I live in. I've wondered how royalties would be divided up.
If the Red cuts through the section you live in, it would be my guess that at least some of the land lies below the 148.6' contour and is being contested by the State. You could be lucky and the Red is below a bluff, putting all of your land above the contour, or you could be very unlucky and have all of the land you thought you owned be contested by the State and lose it all - land, royalties...the works!
eagles nest is no where near red river its in keithville of coulquit rd. close to graywood church. the state should do the right thing and give these people there minerals back but we know that wont happen.
THANKS FOR THE CONCERN! I WISH THE STATE COULD GET THERE CRAP TOGETHER!
READ MY LAST POSTING , AND LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS.
THANKS!
Do I understand correctly that the minerals in all navigable waterways belong to the State of Louisiana?

If it were navigable when the state was formed it would be presently owned by the state.

If the river or stream moved the old location is where the state owned.

Is this correct?
Also, I keep hearing about the high water mark and the low water mark.

Does this determine how much the state owns.

Does the state own the surface also?
What does any of this riverbottom discussion have to do with Eagles Nest in Keithville?
NO I DO NOT , BUT I WILL TRY TO FIND OUT!
EAST HALF OF SECTION27 ,TOWNSHIP 16 NORTH, RANGE 15 WEST, NORTHWESTERN LAND DISTRICT, LOUISIANA MERIDIAN, CADDO PARISH, LOUISIANA

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service