In yesterday's earning conference, Chesapeake said that it expects to recover 52 billion cf of gas per square mile in the Haynesville. That figure seems incompatible with Chesapeake's earlier statements that there will be a 73% falloff in production in the second year.

Attached is a spreadsheet that shows one way to get to 52 billion cf over 40 years of production. It says present value of a 25% royalty is $76,000/acre.

Any comments welcome please?

Tags: Royalties, valuation

Views: 88

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would/could you please cite source of spreadsheet? Thanks
I prepared it.
David: The report does NOT say per ACRE, it says per square mile =640 acres should
have 52 billion ESTIMATED RECOVERABLE RESERVES (PROBABLE RESERVES)
You are so right. But the error was only in my post, not spreadsheet.
my guess is they will not be @ full production (8 wells / unit) by 2012... pipeline infrastucture needed, other factors. I do not know what well depletion rates will be...
nice job on the table and it is valuable (given your assumptions). There are so many variables... the depletion rate will not be straight line given refrac jobs... and there is a large variation between wells and unit production... i.e. the info CHK gave were projected averages. best wishes.
I'm glad to hear you comment on refrac jobs and depletion rates. I was wondering about that. How often can a producing well be refracced - is the availability of frac trucks an issue?
76K on 25% royalty per acre for the life of the HS is much lower than some of the estimates I've seen on this board.
I would agree Johnson, I just put some conservative numbers into a Royalty Calculator and this is what it came up with, mind you this is based on production numbers from the Elm Grove wellhead and only takes in the consideration of a single well.

You have specified 1 acres included in the pool containing 640 acres

The calculations below are based on a royalty offer of 25% and a price of $8.94 per Mcf on a wellhead producing 16.8 MMcf per day.

Total Daily Wellhead Value: $150,192.00
Your Share of the pool is 0.00156
Daily Income From This Well: $58.67
Weekly Income From This Well: $410.68
Monthly Income From This Well: $1,724.86
1st Year Income From This Well: $21,355.43 (on one acre)

Remember, these numbers do not reflect production decreasing throughout time.
Yes, and Chesapeake says 73% in first year. But to get 52 Billion cf for the section at 15-17mcf daily in the first year, it's going to have to plateau at a level just below that 73% for a long time.

Here's revised Excel file.
Attachments:
i cant see them drpping off 73% in a year and if they do i would be doing some investigating .
They said in the July 2 press conference, 73% falloff is the figure they are using in their internal planning. For Barnett, it's 70%.
I still don't believe the falloff will be as great as they say due to the fact that we don't have enough intel and these wells are choked at a tremendous level compaired to Barnetts unchoked. The #1 gasfield in the U.S. isn't going to fizzle quite as quickly as they are saying. If so that would mean that they finally weren't lieing about something and that in itself is just too much for me to bare!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service