I have noticed in 16-14 that the well sites are located mostly in the corner of every other section. Is it possible for them to drill from this well site into the other adjoining sections and hold the leases in all four sections?

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

3 words... well bore easement
Is this a common situation or something that should be taken care of in the agreement ? If you can drill on my land and not pay me, it may would cause some sort of a mild irritation or something.
Thank you for your insight on this matter Randy.
That is part of the negotiations I would assume?
I asked the other day if a well was just across the section line, say 1000 ft away, if one would be in that unit, although not geographically in that section and apparently one wouldn't be. So how could drilling one well into the corner of a section HBP leases in other sections?
Of course not sure how that would work if the well was drilled exactly dead center of the common corner of those four sections!
They shouldn't be able to drill dead center due to distance issues but I am quite sure I will find out today that there is a way for them to bypass this small problem as well. If you are in that unit you would be held by production. I believe that is one of the reasons they are shooting for 1920 acre units. Why else would they want 3 section units except for HBP. I guess the multitap well site could also be figured in as well but HBP is the more economical solution. It would take 2/3's fewer wells to hold the same amount of property as 640 acre unit would. Money money money !
Yes! I don't see how the o&g's can drill enough wells to hold all the leases they paid for without some of them expiring.
I would imagine it would be a logistical nightmare for them to drill in congested areas where they'd have to lay pipes across streets and city utilities in a timely manner.
Those large 1920 acre units would go far in cutting their costs for biting off more land than they can chew, huh?
I live in section 35, 16, 14., right by the evans well drilled in section 2., but don't the royalties come from section 35 only and not section 2. Section 35 is only a 640 acre unit, so I thought.
With today technology it is very possible. the plan is to dig down and across.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service