instead of going thru the telephone book, with the numerous amount of attornies there, i thought i would rely on others in the group to share information they found out. can anyone reccommend an attorney to talk with that doesn't want some kind of contract to assist with information about mineral rights. i have spent 5 weeks waiting on an attorney, just to find out from my deed what my rights are. thay have not returned any of my calls, nor supplied me with any information at all. i will not contact them again, nor would i refer them to anyone, so, let me know if you would refer one. thank you for your help.

Views: 345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might want to call John Frazier or Armand Roos in Shreveport, LA
Interesting, John Frazier handled some other land issues for us several years ago...seems to be ethical...isn't he a city attorney?
I'm not sure, but don't think so, but don't take my word for it....
The O&G attorneys that I have spoken with here in Dallas recommended that I use someone in LA. Apparently, LA law is different from any other in the nation. Kind of based on french law from what I understand.
That lawyer was wise.
Napoleonic law, we are the only state with it.
Renee Cote in Natchitoches Lousiana is handling my paperwork.
some good info started, maybe some of the others can benefit from this, for there are so many lawyers out there, and if you do not know any, you are out of luck. thanks again.
Yes, John Frazier & Armand Roos are with Weinter Weiss Madison
Maybe different John Frazier...he was with Charles Peatross (who is now a judge) or he could have changed --there is John F who is asst. City Attorney....I need to research Napoleonic law a bit more...we had business a long time ago with another atty...who was later disbarred....his son is practicing law somewhere in La. now...
I highly recommend Weems, Schimpf, Gilsould, Landry etc....I can't remember all the names.
Yes, Ron Weems is great with Weems, Schimpf, Gilsould, Landry

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service