A lot of you folks that are getting the big bucks are looking for ways to reduce the tremendous tax burden confronting you. Many may have kids or grandkids that may be wanting to go to law school and you may not feel comfortable sending them off to Baton Rouge or New Orleans for their schooling. Louisiana College, located in Pineville, is a very highly rated Christian school. It is a school that the professors know all the students by name and not number. They don't have classes with 300 students, so everyone knows everyone. Their pre med students have like a 98% chance of being accepted into medical school. School districts across the country fight to get the students from the education department. The graduates in the nursing department are close to 100% in passing the nursing exam. The professors will not let you fail. I know because I am a graduate of LC. I was not a typical LC student, I have always been a bad boy. I went to NSU back in 1968 for the fall term, I decided that fast cars and women were what I wanted and left before the end of classes. I got a "B" in orientation because that class ended at mid term, I got a "D" in badmitten because I think they didn't want to fail someone in that class, everything else was an "F". Twenty years passed and I was hurt working on the railroad, the doctors told me that if I wanted to be in a wheelchair, to keep jumping on the boxcars. I asked the doctors what else I could do and they told me to go back to school. I did and enrolled at NSU on the England Air Force branch in Alexandria. Classes were small, 15 to 20 students, for the night classes. I got use to everyone knowing each other, and most being Airman or older folks. I finally had to go to main campus in Natchitoches because the courses needed were not being offered on the base. I hated the packed classrooms and being a number so I transfered to Louisiana College. We had an unexpected child at this time, so I didn't think I could do the law school thing, my next oldest was 7 years older. I wondered what I could do with all the courses that I had taken in pre-law. I decided to become a social studies teacher. About 2 weeks into my transfer to LC this little red head lady came up to me and said, "You know that you want get a job in the field that you are going into" I asked why,? That I thought they needed teachers, she said "Go ask them" I did and the Rapides Parish fellow that did most of the hiring and firing told me "They saved those jobs for the old coaches". The red head professor had not told me her name but pointed to the location of her office and told me to come see her, if I had a negative response from the school board. When I saw that I wouldn't get a job in what I was going into I went to her office and told her what I had learned, she extended her hand and introduced herself as the head of special education at LC. She told me that I didn't look like the average LC student, I replied that she might be right. She talked about kids that were labled as disipline problems and asked me if I was a bad kid. I said that had always been that way. She said that it takes one to know one. She told me that she could train me in a field that I would be able to go anywhere in the country and get a job. I took her up on her offer and she took this misfit under her wing and personally trained me to be a behavior disorder teacher. I lasted 3 years but I could not afford to bring my kids to the movies on the weekend. I left teaching to become a Landman. Louisiana College gave this old bad boy the tools to go out and make a living in many different fields and I salute them for that. This is the way they work for all students.

Louisiana College is going to have a law school but they need funds from people like you folks. Do you want to send your kids and grandkids off to the big city? Would you like an alternative of a small town with great police protection, and a Christian enviorment. Look into Louisiana College and make your tax free donations to them.

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

Good school and good people. Make a donation to LC.
Or for a real investment in their education...anywhere out of this state!
Do a google search on LC and tell me if you need to go out of state. This is a good school.
Thomas, though we have never met and may never will, we both have something in common. We were fortunate enough to meet someone willing to take the time to make a differance in our lives and didn't really have to. It was Professor Lampkin at LSU in Shreveport and my high school principal Mr. Lott. Niether owed me a cent wort of attention, but were willing to give. I think everyone should ackowledge those who made a difference in their lives and not be so selfish to think they did it themselves. Louisiana has some excellent instituions and you get what you put into them. I am a graduate of Louisiana Tech and it also gave me great tools in which to work with as well my children. Our true future and wealth lies in our children and their fruits. I appriciate your input to this site, wish I could contribute the same.
Louisiana College is a great school. I have several friends that attended LC. However, I would suggest for your best option of reducing your tax burden would be to tithe.

Remember the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away.

None of us would stand to make any money if God had not of made the Haynesville Shale as well as the technology to recover the natural gas.

Stop and give thanks before you give anything.
Thank you for this discussion. I also started a discussion in the past called "WHAT GOOD WOULD YOU DO". We can all discuss all of the nuisances of leasing and production and lose sight of the important things in life. I am not saying that learning everything we can is not important. I am just saying there is a lot good that we can do with the blessing that has been given to us.

I also think that we need to exercise as much respect for each other as is possible. There are many that I disagree with and get frustrated but I try to conduct myself in a honorable manner.

Hopefully we can all try to focus on what a blessing this whole event is to us and find a way to bless others.

As to one of the other comments, I'm in no hurry to leave Louisiana, I look forward to what our community can become. And I am very proud of what it is and was before HS.
isn't their football coach from Evangel ??
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE OF THE FIRST POST.
I think the head knockers over at Louisiana College made a very wise decision in picking Shreveport over Pineville. This may piss Clarence Fields and Jacques Roy off a bit but they will get over it. I would like to maybe see a extension branch located in Pineville sometime in the future. Shreveport is an oil and gas town and there are many outstanding O&G attorneys that can teach O&G law better than anywhere in the state, as to the standards of LC. There will be a need for O&G attorneys in this one HS play for a long time to come. I will still hope for their planed Medical School will be located in Pineville, Senator McPherson has been trying to make a deal between the school and the state over Huey P. Long Hospital. This is a vast state owned piece of property that takes in Huey P. Long Hospital and Central State Hospital. Many grand old buildings that are not being used for anything.
Unfortunatly many of those grand old buildings are just termites holding hands.
Baron they use to have clorodain and that stuff lasted for a long time against termites. The buildings are old but have strong foundations and roofs. They would have to be gutted because of asbestos. People need to just take a ride around the grounds of Central State Hospital to see the value it holds.
When is it scheduled to open?
August 2012

They are going to make substantial renovations and additions to their new building, United Merchantile buiding, in downtown shreveport.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service