Everyone in section 19 and surrounding sections. The property behind Golden Meadows known by some as the cow pasture, is owned by Bellaire Baptist Church, right. The church bought it from the City of Bossier in 2004. Louisiana law reserves all rights to property they sale or transfer. This means that a good part of section 19 maybe leased right now. The church has nothing to with the mineral rights that's why no one is able to get any information about the lease. If anyone recalls the announcement by the city recently regarding the approval by city counsel to lease 3,300 acres starting at a bid for $27,500. I do not have a positive confirmation of what that land is but I do know that it's been a mad house is Golden Meadows. I've seen what I think maybe landmen and they are very pushy and rude. They've knocked on doors convincing people to attend a meeting to sign what they described as an independent contract for 5,500 an ace. Considering all the property in the back, a quota could be reached if they succeed in convincing a small portion of homeowners to lease. That could warrant a pool for the rest of the land. Nobody knows how many they've got to sign so please spread the info before something happens. This is not a rumor I've seen them myself and talked to them. If they knock on your door you can bet it's them because the people from the organization have been extremely friendly and have only left flyers at the door, no knocking.

Views: 91

Replies to This Discussion

What exactly is your point in posting on this forum?

The majority of the people are seeking information, advice, to make informed decisions: or like minds to unify for bargaining position. We all consider the public safety and health pros and cons. The increases in our property tax values. etc. But I am Still not understanding WHAT DO YOU WANT, WHY ARE YOU HERE? I have no clue from your posting.
First of all...to even imply that a well would be drilled smack dab in the middle of Golden Meadows is completely rediculous. If you are as brushed up on all of your laws as you think you are -you know that this is IMPOSSIBLE as any well must be located at a minimum of 500 ft away from any residence. Further more to suggest they would put it in the middle of Barksdale Blvd is even funnier. Think a little before you post such ludacris rantings! Are you trying to scare little old ladies or something?

Second, how can you say "Bellaire has not leased it's minerals" over and over again...when you have repeatedly been told that just the opposite is true. Hundreds of people were in church that day...By continuing to post "Bellaire has not leased its minerals"...you are not Only calling the pastor a liar...but you are calling everyone else who witnessed the Pastor's statement (and have told you the minerals have been leased) a liar. To say anything else would in itself be untrue.

Thirdly, if you in fact have worked for a litigation attorney...shame on you! You should know better than to get on these message boards trying to drum up people into some kind of emotional panic with your outrageous statements of wells being drilled in their backyards and in their streets. Your scare tactics will not work here...All of your hypotheticals...and "Let's say this happens..." and What ifs- are exactly that. If you really are the humanitarian you claim to be...you will stop all of this outrageous ranting and pathetic scare tactics. You are Not Helping...

Lastly I will quote you directly, "remember money does buy happiness or achieve love." (Although, I have NO idea how this correlates with all of the other mess you posted above it) I think what you are going for was Money DOESN"T Buy Happiness or achieve love. And on this point I will have to agree with you. But you certainly aren't going to earn anyones love by calling them a liar...or terrorizing them with wild hypotheticals. And as for money...render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's.
I would like to know exactly what interest she has in Bossier and if her husband only has property in Shreveport why she continues to make an issue of Bellaire and the cow pasture behind MY NEIGHBORHOOD!! I live here and she doesn't what could she possibly have to gain from all this?
I swear Christy I have no idea what her agenda is. From all of her posts I would have to say she is here to terrorize little old ladies and attempt to discredit an entire congregation of people.

But who knows...she is a "concerned citizen".
Did you see the one she made about a minute ago - talking about the guy coming to her door and the grandmother not giving her the whole story? I hope the grandmother has someone besides Rachel giving her advice! I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but I have educated myself and my husband well on this subject and it is scary how big the holes in her knowledge are!!!
Yes, I did see the newer post and have responded. She just needs to CALM DOWN. We are all here to gain useful information and help each other...I just don't see how her posts are helping anyone.
My grandmother has owned a property here since the late 80s and I live with her. If don't know what "an interest" in family law means then you can locate that information via an attorney's office.
I have a complete understanding of what "interest" means. You, in this instance, want your grandmother to make a decision that is beneficial to her. The only way any of us can make the best decision for our families is to educate ourselves on this matter. Knowing the facts is the best defense against the landmen who will twist what information they have in order to get their company the cheapest lease possible. Unless you have a power of attorney (for your grandmother) which includes designations to make these types of decisions or the deed to the property has you listed as a owner, you can not make this decision on her behalf. I applaude you for wanting to guide you grandmother in her decision making but unless you have taken the time to be informed you may guide her down the wrong path. I suggest that you attend one of the neighborhood meetings before you judge these individuals. It has been my experience they are more knowledgeable than I and very willing to help!
Has anyone visited the community park lately. Visit www.bossiercity.org, click on metropolian planning, click on master plan, click on chapter 6. Apparently there is a park and community center down Mary Drive. Mary circle crosses East Meadow and goes into the field. There's an undeveloped park out there. The park is listed by the city for community and public use but it's posted private property. It's also zoned for light industrial/business use.
I agree with po boy, people are here to gain knowledge, not listen to propaganda. The Haynesville Shale is here and will be for quite some time. You are not going to stop it with your rantings. I also believe you have part truths. The man that owns the trailor park on Alfred Lane is Bill Talley. He is working closely with Rita Bacot (attorney) to represent the people of South Bossier at no fee. I doubt very seriously if he is banging on doors to get people to sign as he is very busy everyday meeting with the oil companies directly to assure we get the best deal out there. Quit giving these people mentioned above and the men at the firestation a bad rap on this blog , they are here to help the rest of us not scare your grandmother. The Haynesville Shale is going to be a wonderful blessing for many people who otherwise might have nothing. It is going to pump more money into the Shreveport/Bossier area than can be imagined. As a local business owner I feel very blessed that we will not be going through what the rest of our country is with high gas, oil, and food bills. We welcome your comments on this blog, but think before you speak.
Rachel, Do yourself a favor and just stop with the posts. Yes, you may have a small interest in the mineral rights game but do not have any grasp of how the whole process works. Stop and educate yourself in how the companies will be drilling from start to finish. Companies will not be allowed to drill in the middle of Golden Meadows but there is such a thing as horizontal drilling - which will make up a large part of the Haynesville Shale. Please stop with the what if statements!!!!
I think grandma should have just called the police when the man kept knocking on her door. I will say though, that there are people of all callings right now with this shale play that are strictly out to make a buck off of anyone and everyone they can. I pray that everyone gets what they deserve out of it, and that everyone is safe. And leave all the drama out of it.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service