Just curious if this has caught anyone else's attention. It's a map from 2001 so it may not be up to date, but I believe it's from a GCAGS (Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies) paper rather than an oil company. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to just grab the image I wanted out of the pdf - it's on pg. 8. Most of this presentation is in reference to the Bossier Sand but the map shows the Bossier Sand, Bossier Shale, & Haynesville shelf. The area of the Bossier Shale & Haynesville shelf is much larger than other maps I've seen.

http://www.searchanddiscovery.net/documents/2003/klein/images/klein...

Ginger

Views: 205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ginger,

Thanks for posting.
Nice map. Thanks for the find. Makes you wonder just how big all of the plays underneath us really are.

Jaybird
i cant seem to get the link to work in order to view the map , is anyone else having trouble with this link ?
The link's still ok for me but I'm attaching a copy just in case.

Ginger
Attachments:
Thanks for the map
Ginger, I'm not knowledgeable enough of o&g geology to understand the significance of this map. You reference page 8 - is it the Terryville section of the map that is of interest? I would welcome all interpretations of the map. Thanks.
Very interesting...thanks for sharing!
This map is of an older play in the Bossier Section, way over on the far western edge of the East Texas Basin...I do not recommend you use it for any Haynesville purposes. It describes a different play than the Haynesville Shale play to which this website is dedicated. The play on this map has thousands of wells already producing in it, from tight sands encased in the upper 500' of the Bossier shale, originally deposited in a shelf position. Perhaps some of its production is also coming from the encasing Bossier shale...I'm not sure even the operators know.

The Bossier play on this map has recently (as in, 2001) had an exciting extension discovery made in a field named Savell, to which others have added the Amoruso field, among a few others. The best wells in this extension play have come online at rates up to 30 and 40 MMcfd. This extension play is still in the early stages of delineation: no one knows how many more fields will be discovered, but with Savell likely reaching 300+ Bcf, there are bound to be a bunch of smaller fields waiting to be found.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service