What did O&G companies call this before Haynesville Shale?

I ask this because there are other wells that have been operating at these depths since the 80's.
One in section 32 10N 11W for example.
Producing gas from between 13200' to 13400'.
So is it possible that these well are really in the Haynesville?
Numbers of MMC coming from this well seem pretty impressive to say the least.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hopefully they are having a difficult time deciphering the info , unless they have a log that we aren't aware of.

Mr. Jerry , could you please state the serial number per say on the permit or well that you are refering to. It would make it much easier to know which well you are talking about. Thanks, Snake.
Because it makes interesting conversation!
Mr. McConnell, You have to realize that the O&G lingo has become second nature to you. We hope your intent for posting on this site is to educate the uninformed. Many of us are struggling to learn in order to protect ourselves and our familes. I think most of us are educated people with our own areas of expertise - it just doesn't happen to be the O&G field.
SN# 150612
Total Depth 13385
Sec 32 11N 10W
Upper Perf 13226
Lower Perf 13385
Well Name SMK RA SUB Martin B
Township and range backwards Sorry fellows
That well was P&A in 1982 and is in South LA 30-11S-4W.
Jay, I would have thought that Smackover would have been a lot deeper that far South?
OK I understand SMH is not SMK.
First I want to say I am sorry for misleading anyone. I had no intention of doing this. We are all here to learn and not to cause conflict between us.
Let keep each other informed and work together.
Thank you
Jerry it takes a long time and lots of practice to master Sonris. I don't know that much about it because I give most of that work to my son.
Hey Jerry , most of us are in the same boat here. Keep plugging along and we may get all this stuff figured out one day.
Jim, I know that you are a CPL. However, I think you should leave the geology to a geologist.

Just my humble, non landman or non geologist opinion!

Natch N3
Don't chase him off, now, he still knows thing we do not and has actual experience most of us do not. He is a valuable resource for me-he can not leave until we finish picking his brain. My actual knowledge of the O&G industry be for last month consisted of putting gas in my car and hiring a couple unemployed roustabouts and welders after the last boom ended. I respect his opinion, and yours.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service