Someone posted a question as to where Chesapeake's core area is. I thought it would be a good idea for us to post who has done most of the leasing and or drilling in which areas. We know the companies like to end up with lots of acreage in one spot so they can develop it with pipelines and compressors etc. Neighbors NFR seems to be hot in southeast rusk and moving into northwestern shelby. & I hear pipelines are in the works. Benedum said they wanted specifically northwest shelby but seem to have leased all over shelby? Please post your opinions on who you think is trying to acquire the most property in your area or if you know where the companys core areas are.

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am sure I saw a map in photos of the areas, I believe it was from an Investment co. "Tristone" or some such. The areas of interest by each producer were marked.
DID YOU REMEMBER HOW TO GET TO THAT MAP?
Does anyone have any contact numbers or info on this Benedum group
Is there some sort of unwritten agreement between the big O&G companies to stay out of each others back yards?
I am sure that there many be some dirty tricks here and there like Petrohawk running to the media while Cheaspeake was buying the Hot spots at $100-150 an acre signing bonuses. But for the most part they swap and trade acreage like baseball cards.
the trading function you describe was confirmed by a Petrohawk landman to me.
Between themselves? I can buy that. But do you think there is some 'unwritten' agreement between the big O&G that they will deal witheach other but not with the landowners that are in areas that have been 'staked out' by the bigger players?

Have you seen two bid against each other for the same tract?
About 20-25 of the mineral owners in the Mt Enterprise area got together on Monday and 2 landmen attended that were interested in getting a drilling unit together for their principle, a wildcatter named Benedum (sp?) out of Dallas.

Is anyone familiar with this name? Or with any development he's backing in the Rusk-Panola-Shelby Counties areas? What we need in south Rusk County is a Haynesville Shale test to go with the GDP Lutheran Church well #1 at Minden (TX), the CHK Jane Ross #1 2.5 miles NE of Mt Enterprise, the CHK Boles #1 in far SE Rusk Co and the Cabot OG Trawick Gas Unit 29 well #101 3-4 miles NE of Cushing in Nacogdoches County and this area should continue to light up. Anyone have any late information?
do you have any contact number or info on benedum
I too am interested in south Rusk County. Chesapeake is permitted on us to 12,000 ft. The rig arrives in 1-2 weeks. API 401-34856. To the east of us is a permitted well by GMT to 12,500 ft. The road and pad are ready. API 401-34134
If anyone is certain these depths are sufficient to explore and produce in any HS here, I am interested. We have a vertical Pugh clause.
Watch out. They were in our area nw shelby offering 5000./ac had a meeting like that. I couldnt find anyone with info on the company. only person that hear of them told me they didnt have a good reputation. The gentleman (benny) was very nice and likeable fellow though. Also their standard lease is probably the worst one I've ever seen. Make your own decision but be careful. We decided not to lease to them.
Alamo:

You ever get any other info on the Benedum "group"?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service