It's a windfall,educate yourself surely..but hire a top lawyer

It seems like all landmen are getting a bad rap.I've had to hire landmen since 82 for oil and gas leases every since my Ol'man died and he did'nt tell us anything about O/G or our familys interest.Best money I've ever spent was on a CPL.... and their advice?...Hire a top lawyer.MY advice? hire a top lawyer.When James Mcconnell comes on this website(best advice I ever got)and gets little respect it starts looking like paranoia is taking a big hold.Back off on the paranoia. Educate yourselves as much as you can but when your ready to sign a lease take a deep breath and hire a professional.This is something you don't want to triffle with. I never could afford the fees but it was money well spent,we got it all back.

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And who exactly are you going to hire when you didn't get what you thought you did?

I wouldn't go to a french restaurant and order unless I could speak french. But a bad meal wouldn't be nearly as upsetting as a life long bad deal.

One way or the other though, I would make sure that I understood the lease. Even with a professional you should understand the impact of what you are signing. Especially if you are outside of the city.
No one wants to pay for an attorney, but everyone wants them to kick someone's butt after the case.

Anyone who is hiring someone other than an attorney needs to review what recourse they have if they are mis-represented.

Do these ex-landmen, CPA'S, real estate agents and bank representatives have error and omissions insurance?

What happens to you if your representative double dips or gives you bad advice, intentional or unintentional?
Double dipping, isn't that when you dip a chip in the salsa take a bite and dip it again. I'll sue his butt if he does that.
You are too funny.

If I need someone to represent me, here's my team.

I'm hiring you, they'll be laughing so hard they'll give me anything I want.

KB will argue politics with them so well that they will get a headache.

Rosebud because how could they be mean to someone so sweet.

And the darn oil and gas company better not touch my queso.
I advise everyone at the BBQ to see what bowl Dorcheated dips out of before partaking the salsa!
I will be dipping out of the bowl that is closest to me. I might suggest though before dipping in the bowl that is closest to me. You check for hamburger chunks.
yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Or let me phrase it this way. Is that the bowl Dorcheated was dipping in before or after he got sick.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service