So the landman rushed us and a two dozen more familes to sign a contract in late 2007 before we knew what we were sitting on. I dont have to like it but its a fact that we should have waited and asked more questions. Since the landman (whom I wont mention) only had the original contract at signing time, he said he'd mail us a copy, but we never received it. So off the the courthouse I go to get a 12 page copy of my contract that includes the signatures of 23 families, forming a tract of 54 acres. Now on this contract, there is a witness signature besides the landman and my wife and I. This is erroneous because there wasnt another witness during contract signing. This bogus witness signature is on all 23 contracts. Is this reasonable cause for a contract anullment? Oh, and yes, I am looking for a loophole. :)

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to ask.
Were you satisfied with the contract until you found out you might be able to get more? How much time passed before you changed your mind?
Since you are on this trying to get out of a lease track, I have a story. I have an Aunt who has altheimers,they so nicely had her bring her sister over to be a witness, and guess what? she has altheimers too! Needless to say, they signed the lease for 100.00 per acre and neither of them remember a thing!! At least you will always remember!!! smile
In good faith, all matters clear to all parties, no attempts to obscure the factual - I'd say the alzheimer sisters can get a new lease. The whole shale question - who knew what at what time - could throw a lot of leases out. Notaries guard their licenses but honest folks know notaries who will work with them. I know notaries (plural) who will sign a blank bill of sale for me. I am an honest man. The O G boys have been at this a long time. They have GOOD lawyers and a lot of them. They thought they had a way to make an impossible formation pay off, no guarantees. Turns out the little engine could - drill lateral. Good for them. Benefit outweighs the cost. Wish I'd known earlier. Would have been so far in debt it would have taken binoculars to find me in the hole I put myself in.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service