Some of you will remember this question posed by Rodney King after the riots in Los Angeles. I remember the good ol' days on this site when landmen, O&G pros, geologists, etc. were in it to help the people involved. Now there is a definite division among landowners and O&G. This is causing a lot of friction. There are even racial slurs/cussing/battles everywhere. I'm sick of it. There are even people that need help but they are too afraid to even ask a question because they will be degraded or treated like dirt by someone who knows more than them. I used to tell everyone about this site, now I can only hope that if they visit the site that everyone will behave.

We can do so much with the resources we have here. Can we please get back on track and keep our civility thru this process?

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Mom A1 , Sounds like you just read my post to Mr. Ed
Sorry about that one but you are right. We are in the process of starting a new forum were we can slow some of the negative and hype up the positive. It doesn't do anybody any good to hear how big an idiot they were for signing 6 months ago or how greedy they are because they want more then $3.35 an hour. There is still a lot of good being done on this site and I will still continue to cruise.But your also correct about the newbies. Looks like most of the new posters are O&G's with bad attitudes. Nothing like Randy and Les B. Even tho I rarely ever totaly agree with them I enjoy the mildly combative nature of our discussions.I feel a lot of good has come from those conversations.
Snake,
It wasn't you at all !!!!!!!!!! There is a Tim in Bossier that is spreading some bad things around and I can't believe it. Just so you know that it has nothing to do with you...................
I thought what you said was in self defense and "other-people defense"...I appreciated the comments. Always have! Your a straight-shooter.

Mom A1
I can't help but wonder if it is mainly directed at women in general....your thoughts?
I throw my support behind MOM, In the few days I have been seeking education in this field on this forum(the only one I have ever joined) it seems that Every single Valid thread devolve in to barroom cockfight. I haven;t leased and that is the only reason I am here. To learn enough to decide. This is an area, maybe opportunity, that is entirely new to most of us. Had I leased with the first offer of $300. an acre I would simply have been happy with the 10 to 20 years of royalities, and not be bitter or feel cheated, that others were offered 10 times or 100 times more. If anyone cheated me it would have been me. And in any case I would have gotten a higher signing bonus than most of the historical average
Though I will admit I have had I chuckle over some of the OPINIONS and DISINFORMATION, bickering is childish and delutes the real, factual information I am here for.
I will ask a stupid question rather than make a stupid mistake.
I want facts, not "I heard of a friend of a friend who overheard..."
I don't play well with others, but I am not here to play- this is business.
It has been pretty bad lately with the flaming.

I think some solid moderation with an emphasis on some rules regarding language would help.
Respect and hometraining would be nice too. But that frankly starts at....home. :)
My youngest child walked by and glanced at the screen the other night and pointed at one relply and said simply "troll!" (some chatroom lingo for an instigator- i think)
Ouch. Hope it wasn't me.
Worse case scenario Mom , you would be a trollet. Something like that anyway . HA! HA!
Well I don't know if I would call myself a troll maybe a elf. Ok mom, I promise to be good if they leave the politics out
The only reason this Ed thing got going is because you and Natch dropped off on the Obama thread! It is all you two guy's fault ! Tell me where to catch some fish and we will call it even ! chuckle chuckle.
Hey buddy the best place to catch fish is in the water. Ha Ha Now we are even. I had to get you for the Obama thread. I don't show to many people my fishin holes but for you anytime.

KB,
I know your out there. Sorry about jabbing you on the Obama thing You know I think your post are some of the best on this site
And for someone, who say is not conservative. I think I like you.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service