Is there a pugh clause and/or vertical pugh clause that benefits the land owner? Where I can I find a copy of a "good one"? What other additional lease clauses should be included to protect/benefit the land owner BEFORE signing an oil. gas. mineral lease?

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do yourself a favor and pay an o&g lawyer to draw it up. If you dont have the money they will probably let you pay out of your bonus check. If you dont you will be sorry. The standard lease is crap and way in their favor. you wouldnt believe all the little stuff in ther that will cost you thousands of dollars. all i can say is if you do it yourself you'll be kicking yourself later.
we spent $150. on our last lease and now we are able to lease again. Our neighbors didnt and now some are missing out on millions of dollars and millions in extra royalties. please please go talk to an attny.
Thanks for your reply! I did hire an attny. Unfortunately, turns out he does not know much about oil, gas, and mineral leases - I am finding out more on my own and becoming more confused. Where can I find an attny. with knowledge in this field?
Thanks for the great info. In my research, I had just read your post from June 17th to a similar queston. That was also a very informative answer; I'll be up all night checking out the web site links you listed. I just hate to make a mistake that will "haunt" me over the life of the lease. Thanks again!
Bless you! Being out of state, I was blindsighted with a lack of direction. I've only been researching for a month. I feel like I'm in a pressure cooker - from family who want to get something signed "before there are no more offers" to pushy Landmen with leases that may as well be in greek and their threat of "this is your last chance to get your property leased at this price, better hurry and sign, don't worry about the lease wording - it's standard." It's not all about the bonus money, the legalese is truly a tripping point! I can't wait to get to that point of knowledge where I also feel like I know enough to put together a beneficial lease. Thanks again!
Yeah, wow! Excellent link. Thanks.
You can find generic clauses at http://www.landmen.net/ClausesForms/ClausesForms.htm If they are land owner friendly is your call.... Best thing is to compare all you can find. Did u ck out Kassi's at the bottom of the main page?? compare her 17 &18
come to bossier bar seminar. get advice from landowner attorneys.

go to www.bossierbar.blogspot.com for more info.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service