One of the main questions I have is whether or not surrounding homeowners will be made aware of the drill sites before actual drilling begins. Can we expect wells to pop up all over our section? Will letters be sent notifying us of potential sites and start dates? What is to keep the companies from drilling shut-in well sites, therefore delaying royalty payments?

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once the land is leased an application for public hearing has to be filed with the Commissioner of Conservation of the State of Louisiana to authorize them to drill. If you're in the section "unit" being drilled you should receive a notice. This could take some time. Once they're approved to drill a location has to be cleared. Then they have to see if a rig is available to move to the location. With all that's going it could take months. I got notice of one to be drilled last August and they're just now drilling if that gives you an idea. You won't receive a start date. I doubt if they even know that. I'm sure it all depends on availability, the State application and so forth.
In Ft. Worth, the homeowner associations negotiated their leases to include notification to all the homeowners prior to drilling.
I'm in the Wallace Lake area. On 6/20/08 someone starting cutting a road in the woods across from me. On 6/26/08 , I found out from another homeowner, Camterra got permitted for a well (the 2nd in this area). Anyway the thing is across the road and nobody said a thing to me.
Rlong:

I have been trying to find out about the Camterra wells on Wallace Lake Rd. for about a month now, and no one is talking! I have acreage just off this area and have not leased. I am extremely curious per these wells. No one over at TigerDroppings.com or anywhere else seems to know anything. I have been approached by XTO, HK, and CHK to lease, but have been holding off.

If you (or I) can find info...hope you will share. Something is definitely up with this.
Thank you CaddoVisitor,

Knew your info...but more pads are going down as we blog...right off WLRd.

The RRT Trust 30 seems to much further along than the Moncla 31.

Let us know if you hear any more. Thanks again!

DrWAVeSport 6/27/08 p.m.
I sound like a broken record...but, thank you again.

The sections you are talking about are more active than I would have ever imagined in my 30+ years living in this area.

I agree with you...Camterra beginning to look like a JV or outright buy for one of the Big boys in this play.

DrWAVeSport 6/27/08
CaddoVisitor,
The well going in across from me is off Norris Ferry on Goldsberry Road at Goldsberry Circle. Camterra seems to acting fast on these permits. This well was permitted for 15000.
another oldie, but good question

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service