I received a phone call this evening from a professional in the O & G business (a friend), he told me that some companies have stopped leasing at this time and if I had offers on the table, I needed to seriously consider them. I don't and I didn't. But he had some offers "dry up" today from Petrohawk and CHK. Anyone else with this experience?

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

According to my husband, he counted FIFTY landmen in the DeSoto Parish Courthouse today. I guess they're still up to something.
The parking lot of the RR courthouse was packed today as well. I wouldn't get too uptight.
Just because they are in the courthouse dose not mean that they are still leasing land. They could very well be assembling abstracts of title on the land that they have under lease already.
b. davis,

I could not post this under your post but wanted to respond to you. The attorney for the o/g company is trying to save his client the time and expense of having the Pre-Hearing Conference that you are requesting. Not everyone that lives in DeSoto Parish can request the Conference but many will attend if you wish to continue requesting it. I am sure that the attorney for the o/g company is pleasant enough but I think that so much more information comes from actually having the Conference. You will probably be surprised at how many of us will show up and ask questions that one person never even thought of. LOL

Over 50 people attended the last 2 Conferences that I attended. At a Conference 2 years ago, it was only one other landowner other than me.

I don't mean to cause the attorney added time and expense but...the landowners learn more when the Conference is held locally because we cannot all go to Baton Rouge to learn.
I have been a landman for almost 30 years and I see the unmistakable signs of a slow down in the business. Drilling is going to slow down due to price and other factors. Landmen will be laid off and there will be a scarcity of work. The companies will need to get drilling and other costs down, because you cannot justify paying big dollars for leases and drilling at $6.00 gas. The oil business is going to join the recession just like everybody else. I am not saying this to scare anyone into leasing, I am not involved in the Shale, but I have experienced slow periods in the oil business and one is about to happen.
East 80 oil and gas is still accepting Letters of Intent. We are being patient and united. Our leaders are still negotiating and communicating and holding regular informational meetings. The gas is not going anywhere. I have a strong gut feeling things will move forward after this election.
www.east80oilandgas.com

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service