My understanding is that royalties are paid to mineral owners when a well drilled in their section begins to produce. Correct me if Im wrong.

Are there regulations in place as to how close a well can be drilled to the section boundary line to prevent siphoning of adjacent section? Is there technology and/or reporting laws to prevent drillers from kicking the horizontal travel across or near another section line?

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Laws are broken, usurped,stretched,lobbied,and "redined" by the less than scrupulous in the hunt for the all mighty $$$$.
what exactly is a "well bore easement"... if you don't mind? and how would I know if one had been granted?
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. They are drilling a well on the very edge of my section currently and wonder if we are being slighted.
Note that this says "property line or unit boundary. All units do not follow section lines. It is possible that a unit can include acreage from more than one section. In that case, they would be able to drill on the section line. however, they would still need to respect the property lines. The sections sometimes don't constitute the boundary.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service