All of section 24 will be closing a deal I understand. Okay, golden meadows is what you call divided into (2) sections if I'm correct. 24 & 19. So has the purpose of together and united gone out the door. Golden Meadows means all of golden meadows not half of golden meadows. So why is section 19 left out. Let's take a brief moment and gather facts. Section 19 includes the bellaire property (leased), city streets and drains (leased), many properties along sligo road (leased or not???), residential properties (build after 2006) without minerals rights courtesy of James Brown Builders (leased or not???), small portion of Barksdale Blvd (leased), Curtis school (leased if owned by the city), and last residential property owners that do have mineral rights (some leased??). So what's the outlook for section 19 and why are they being left out of this deal section 24 is going in? Golden meadows is an undivided neighborhood and these sections were made by the state department and not you or your neighbors. Groups were formed in the beginning and the purpose was to keep together, especially with your own neighbors. Look here's some good reading material I think people should read. Just copy the text all the way to the .pdf and paste the link in your web browser's address line and click go.http://www.bossiercity.org/dept/council/agendas/2008/MSpcJul25%20(2).pdf
If you can't get a page, let me know. I'm just really confused why section 19 is being left behind in this section 24 deal. I can see neighbors in plain site that are going to get this deal but what will happen with my family and the other section 19 property owners. Golden Meadows do not leave your neighbor behind. This is an undivided neighborhood. "E. Pluribus Unum"

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

This deal was initiated by the River Bend Homeowners Association. River Bend is in section 24. River Bend was organized early because they had an association already in place. Golden Meadows is still organizing. This deal was extended to all of section 24 which includes about half of Golden Meadows. It is possible that section 19 could be included but no one is sure right now. Also, it looks like section 24 is closer to being leased considering the status of the undeveloped land. I understand Petro Hawk wants to drill section 24 in early 2009. That is what I know at this point. I am still looking for info.
I think it would be in the best interest of the remaining portion of section 19 to be included with section 24. A good portion of section 19 is already leased. The remaining property owners would be weakened in numbers and acreage if left out. (2) units are better than one. Golden Meadows should stay together. No section division should change the unity of a neighborhood.
I put up a website, (don't think they will let me mention it here) in an effort to "wake up" Golden Meadows and see if we can organize for the purpose of pooling our leases as the media suggested. I knew nothing about it as evidently no-one else did. We were invited to join the SBHSC, then they indicated they did not want us on board at that point. Then we were invited to group with River Bend, as they were already organized. The learning curve was steep and difficult. Had we known what we know now, we could have done things differently, but this is all new to everyone. We just moved to Golden Meadows in Sept. 2007. If Golden Meadows already had a neighborhood association in place, this would have gone much smoother. The simple truth is that Golden Meadows is huge and has been difficult to organize in such a short time, even with the advantage of the internet. I hope we will learn from this mistake and move forward to organize a neighborhood association soon. At this point, I am nearly ready to recommend section 24 going with the Petro Hawk offer. I just need to see the contract soon enough. Section 19, I think, might could show up at the River Bend fire station on the 24th at 4:00 PM along with section 24. I'm sure if there was enough representation from both sections, Petro Hawk would love that acreage. If not, section 19 should join the SBHSC and use that extra time to organize. I have a link on my website to the SBHSC Yahoo groups. to help with that. I will also continue taking e-mails of names and addresses of those who want to participate in the larger group effort.

The truth is, the O&G companies don't want every section all at once. I doubt the market wants or needs the gas in every section all at once. Regardless of how many pounds of food you eat in a year, can you just eat it all in January and be done with it for the rest of the year?
So just how much of section 19 is currently leased do you think? The section appears to slice down the center of golden meadows with one corner ending around curtis school and another ending some where around flat river farms. I think from flat river road going up sligo to Barksdale is the boundary. I don't know if the section actually crosses over to the other side of sligo going towards elm grove. If you really think about all the undeveloped land that is known to be leased, what are left with. Some mineral rights property owners and some mineral rights holders that do not own property (James Brown property build after 2006 I believe. So what happened to the rights that were kept by the builders? Are they leased? If so then the remaining folks in section 19 do not really cover much acreage. I feel like section 24 golden meadows should not leave behind section 19 just for that reason. Riverbend has united there neighborhood to achieve a better lease but they need part of golden meadows to complete the section. Well in my opinion it's a little rude. Section or no section golden meadows is a unit and everyone should stick together. I feel like section 19 is not getting treated fairly and I worry about the outcome. Remember more acreage is better and don't let these leasing companies fool anyone.
So what would you say the total leased acreage might be? In Section 19.
Don't the O&G's lease by the section? My parents who live in 19 and own their rights have never been contacted by any O&G co. While I have received 2 offers starting as early as March/April. (But I live in section 13-right next to 19 &24.) Maybe the O&G's are working a section or 2 at a time. If this is true...I don't think it matters to them if a neighborhood is divided or not. It is all about the sections.

In my opinion, section 19 should continue to organize (they are doing a great job of it!) and work with the SBHSC as long as they are continuing to benefit from it. You can't force yourself into a deal the O&G's don't want you in right now. Be patient and don't take it personally...business is business.
I guess my confusion stems from the fact that many acres in 19 have current leases. Why the hole? They do have the ability to buy out more than one section at a time. What is the outlook? Does anyone know what the total of acres that are not leased in section 19?
Only the O&G's know how much of each section is leased. Months ago I went to one of Twin Cities meetings and viewed a map of my section. All of the properties that were highlighted had already been leased. (Back then...there wasn't much leased). It has been a few months since I have heard of any more meetings held by Twin Cities so the odds of getting to view one of those maps again are slim to none. This is info they are keeping to themselves...and honestly I can't blame them. Why show all their cards?
The reason Petrohawk wants to sign section 24 is that they hold controlling interest in this section and a large majority of the section is rural and the lease will expire before the end of next year. They want to drill early in 2009. As far as section 19 showing up at the meeting, be advised this is not an informationl meeting, this is a meeting to sign a letter of intent so it would serve no purpose for people in section 19 to show up. Curtis Elementary is in section 24 and is owned by the bossier parish school board, the City property is not leased yet, all of the Cities property is up for bid with the Louisiana Conservation Board and I read that the bids will come in a few months from now. As far as section 19 being left behind, don't worry you won't, your gas is just as valuable as ours. Like I said earlier in this thread, there is a lease that will come due at the end of next year and they need to drill before it expires. I know it sucks that you might be in 19 and your next door neighbor is in 24, thats just how they drew the lines. I live in Southfork, a small neighborhood connected to Riverbend and I have been in negotiations with Petrohawk along with the Riverbend Homeowners President. We(Southfork) only have 34 homes and it is hard to get the information out to our small neighborhood. I can only imagine how hard it is trying to keep everyone in Golden Meadows, including finding all of the rental homeowners, up to date with all that has been happening. It took me all day to look up property owners on the Tax Assessors website and then try to find their phone number and then walk door to door to tell them what has been going on, and keeping them up to date on everything that has gone on the past few months, but that is what it takes. There has got to be at least 500 or more homes in Golden Meadows and that will take an enormous amount of work. It takes more than having a few meetings and sending out some e-mails to get the word out, its going to take someone to take the bull by the horns spend the time getting a list of homeowners and walking the streets. I here alot of talk and read alot information from frustrated people from Golden Meadows but I still don't see anyone doing anything about it. If your in section 24,let me repeat so not to confuse anyone this is for ALL OF SECTION 24 not just Riverbend and Southfork, and you want 20,000 and acre then come to the meeting at the Firestation August 24 @ 4pm and sign, if you think you can get more, go ahead and hold out. As for me,Im signing!
I put myself in the shoes of the company when I think about things. I see that they have interests and costs to keep in mind just like everyone else. I see a bigger picture than just 24 and 19. I see the entire haynesville play area. I also see that local governments and big acreage owners are holding many cards. The little guys are there and they are at will to join together to make themselves bigger guy, but some will stand alone. With all this confusion and groups forming within groups and so on, it's a wonder what's in store. If a forced pool was to be in store would they do it by the section or would they do in a massive pool of many sections together. So if you look at the bigger picture, would things seem the same? I just think many people have made a mistake by not sticking together. Why would it not be a bad idea to keep all small city landowners together? Bossier, Caddo, Webster, and so on. That way nobody has to worry. Remember we all talking about the same shale formation, right. So we all own pieces and parts of the same rock. Does any of the golden meadows groups have an attorney working on this actively?
I know that you are a member on the SBHSC Board. All of this has been discussed in detail over there. Have you been reading that board lately? I know that it can be a little confusing but honestly this stuff has been gone over and over on that board. Maybe people have made a mistake by not sticking together or with a bigger group but that is their choice to make. Don't worry about them. The rest are sticking together for the long haul, or as long as it is beneficial to them. Read through all of the posts on the Yahoo board. The answers to ALL of your questions are over there.

I honestly will be surprised if the deal really goes through with Riverbend (at least on the 24th). I think the O&G's are worried about the falling price of NG...and are in a serious bind if the price doesn't rise soon.

Bottom line...Life is too short to worry about what you have ABSOLUTELY no control over.
Thanks ph INW - I knew who this was from reading the opening thread...that is why I told her that I knew she was a member of the Yahoo board. After her last few posts I really just didn't have anything else to say...it is the same "what if" senarios. I was hoping the thread would just die. I have pointed her in the direction that she needs to go.

If she truly doesn't know the answers to all of these questions...she needs to do alot of reading. This is a great board and so is the Yahoo board. Not to be rude to her...but I find it is a better practice to sometimes read more and post less.

I mean...you can lead a horse to water but...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service