Anyone received in Sabine Parish a letter today? Was wondering what does it mean if anything? Called today lady said Shell was wanting to utilize the surrounding areas around the olympia well.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We got one. I read it as that they are applying with the state to drill 25 wells in the Cotton Valley and the Haynesville. It said:

NOTICE TO THE COMMISSIONER OF CONSERVATION AND OTHERS:

Re: Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A
Haynesville Zone, Reservoir A
Bayou San Miguel Field
Sabine Parish, Louisiana

......SWEPI LP plans to apply to the Commissioner of Conservation for the calling of public hearings, after legal notice, to consider evidence relative to the issuance of orders pertaining to the following matters: (lots of legal speak)

1. To establish rules and regulations and to create 25 drilling and production units for the exploration for and production of gas and condensate from the Cotton Valley.....(and then it goes on to say the same thing about the Haynesville Zone in point 2).

And, of course, it goes on. It also has a map of the 25 sections involved.

I took it as good news that they are going to be busy in the Big Woods and around there. The Olympia must be a really good well. Maybe leasing will start again in our part of the state.
I did not receive this letter today. Only ones in or very near the units probably received it. I did, however, receive this verbatim letter from them last Nov. I received two in, fact. They are both Jurassic Zone, Reservoir A. They are Haynesville Shale depths though. 10215' to 13930'. One letter was for the San Miguel Creek Field, which was for one well application - Johnson DDD No. 2 Well. The second was the same except for the Grogan Field and an application for 15 drilling and production units. Out of it came the Murray 31 Well. I have property in S12, T12N, R12W. All that being said just to say, you are probably on target to have some activity. Best of luck!!!
The best I can read on the map are T9 12w sec. 13, 14, 15 ,16, 31, and 32. T9 11w sec. 17, 18, 20, and 29. T9 13w sec. 35, and 36. T8 13w. sec. 1, and 2. T8 12w sec. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, and 18,

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service