How many deep wells can you put on a 640 acre section ? Is this the same for a horizontal well? Thanks

Views: 482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've seen a lot of folks talking about using 1000 foot spacing, but with a possibility of down spacing. There are a few folks trying out different spacing in other shale plays, going to 500' spacing. Its still early days and there will ahve to be some trials done to see if the tighter spacing is worth the money to drill the wells. I agree with Les that 660 ft is probably a good number but it will depend on how closer spacing holds up in the pilots. At this point, folks are running crazy just trying to HBP acreage and avoid having to extend leases or lose leases. Once it gets HBP'd, I'd expect to see lots of tests...tighter spacing, different frac's, etc.
I think I saw an application from El Paso just this past week to put 7 alternate wells in one of their sections. If I'm not mistaken, I've also seen similar applications from EXCO and Questar. Did anyone else see them?
I receive google alerts several times a day on any info that mentions the Haynesville Shale and this came up Tuesday - interesting to me . . .

Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK) discussed the Bossier Shale at it's recent analyst day. The Bossier Shale overlaps the southern part of the Haynesvill Shale, and Chesapeake Energy has 175,000 net acres that are prospective for the Bossier Shale. The company's first test well was the Blackstone 26 H-1, and it had an initial production (IP) rrate if 9.4 million cubic feet equivalent per day. A second well is currently being drilled and two more are being planned..

Chesapeake Engery is using what is called the "superpad" concept, meaning it will drill up to 16 wells from one pad where the Bossier and Haynesville Shale overlap.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service