We have a few acres and was approached to lease. They are already building the location to drill so it won't be long.
We agreed to the amount of up front money and the language in the contract. We also requested that we receive a cashier's check on the day of signing. The landman said that the company agreed to all that and then yesterday I get an email saying he was bringing a draft. He said they would give me the check in 30 days after the title has cleared. I sent him an email back saying that is not what we agreed on and when he brought my check I would sign. Am I being unreasonable? Do I have a choice as far as payment type?

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

section 14 in township 17 noirth , Rang 15 west
You are being absolutely reasonable and you should not give in to pressure to accept a draft. The companies pay each other with bank transfers or checks why shouldn't they pay you that way. Maybe you should tell him you are re-thinking that lease language. The additional delay could possibly be really in your favor if it gives you time to review that lease again before you sign it and surrender it to the company.
Here is an update. We agreed to sign the lease and keep the original copy until we get the cashiers check. We were told that it would take 2 weeks from the time he turned the paperwork in. Well it has been 2 weeks and still no check. These companies do not stand by their word!!!
You know if these compaines would just do as they promised then they wouln't have to hire the big PR firms to boost their public image!
Any body in business knows that word of mouth is the best PR & advertising you can get!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service