old as dirt but still trying to get educated. Looking for advice.

Ninety per cent of the answers on this post are probably, and as right should be, for young people. Think of me as standing with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peeling. If something (pretty good) comes along. it might not be wise for me to pass it up waiting on something real good.On the other hand, since you never get too old to learn, I might seize on something no good at all in trying to rush things up a bit. This is where you folks are helping me out a lot and I 'preciate it.
Getting down to reality. I am supposed to sign Monday or Tuesday, 25th and 26th for 17,500.00 and 25%. But---also heard that the lease if for 5 years. I presume that means that I'm gonna be held to that for 5 yrs. and that they probably won't drill before then. Now since I have already signed an agreement with this home owners et. al. I must sign or if I do not and then sign with someone else within the next six months, I will still have to pay their lawyer 500.00 per acre. Now some of you young whippersnapper have got to come up with some good advice for th is old man

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with Snake about giving your word. But with one caveat, if the other side gave their word and broke it, I do not see where you would be morally bound.

Isn't morally bound the standard we should all try to strive to achieve?
You may also want to look at the terms for shut-in periods. Some of the earlier leases Chesapeake and other companies sent me, had a 5 year shut-in period.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service