has anyone heard that the people on Dalton RD. in Stonewall,LA. may not own the mineral rights? PLease answer. This, if true would surely hurt.

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have not heard this before and I cannot say for sure one way or the other. What I do know is that there are 2 Glen Rose wells producing in that section BUT, the units created for the 2 wells are only 160 acre units or 1/4 section. These 2 wells will only hold their respective units by production or 1/2 of the section. Bob Anderson was the petroleum engineer that prepared the unitization plats and Caruthers is who unitized the 2 160 acre units.

When Caruthers first drilled these wells, (5 or so years ago), their landman told me that they were not interested in leasing any further west than the Matthews old house which is a little bit east of where Dalton Road intersects with Stanley Road. At that time, he told me that he wished he could offer leases to Dalton Road and would have but their geologists said that the formation did not go that far. By what the landman said, Dalton Road was available for leasing. Caruthers then assigned all of the wells to Sunland.

I know that my answer cannot answer your question but maybe it will give you an idea of the existing wells in that section.

The Boone family has lived on Dalton Road for forever. Do you know them to ask?
No,I dont know the Boone family, but Isure wish I did. THank you for taking time to answer. This gets scarier all the time. If I wanted to hire an attorney, would you suggest anyone? AllI have done is go to the court house in De Soto Parish. According to their records, I have mineral rights. I hear so many rumors about unitizing, pooling, and stuff I hasve never heard of except on this web sight. The more I learn, the dumber I get. I need all the help I can get. TKS

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service