Chesapeake got a favorable ruling from OOC concerning forming of a unit in Caspiana field. The ruling along with a map was recorded last week under instrument number 2179204 with the caddo clerk of courts. Seems like a unit was formed crossing several section lines in a circle of 2000' from the Nelson 18H, Well #1. Order was signed by Welsh and talks about force pooling as a means to utilize this well to save drilling of more wells and also mentioned to alleviate waste as defined by OOC. Someone with a lot more savvy than I should read this and determine if it is detrimental to landowners as I suspect it might be.

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The order number is 191-H-9. Adopted on 8/13/08
Hey KB,

I have Caddo Clerk records online. Do you want me to pull it?
The map recorded in the Caddo Clerk's Office is a copy of the plat map used in the unitization application made by Chesapeake. The Conservation Office Docket No. is 08-975.
The surface location is shown by the Octagan as you noted. No well is perfectly vertical. After drilling +/- 2 miles in the ground, EVERY well deviates a little and it is "usually" in some sort of corkscrew type path, but could wander in any direction at a given depth. This normal pattern may easily account for the displacement south and west that has you concerned.
The Order 191-H is now amended to be 191-H-9
It just looked to me like the order was crossing section lines and the wording about force pooling caught my attention. May not be anything to it. That's why I wanted soneone else to look at it. Thanks
Thanks. I didn't mean to cry wolf. I knew I didn't understand what this order meant, but I knew someone on here would. Thanks again for clearing that up.
I was not trying to be picky, LOL
I am looking at this map also, where the proposed unit well is located and the proposed point of penetration. I wonder if they will be using an existing well for the vertical portion?
Okay, I checked Sonris, the only other well in the section is the Ferguson well and it is shown on the map towards the lower right hand corner.

Could it be that there are houses or no-surface leases and that might be the reason? I am curious. I live in section 13, not too far. I might get nosey after work and go see. LOL

RayC, I like looking up stuff, thank you for posting this.
Insom, me and LP can see the rig. There is hundreds of open acres available and the house that are close wouldn't appear to be any real factor. My plat clearly shows that the 2000' radius oblong circle crosses into 6 different sections.
There is NO pre-existing well at the Nelson 18-H-1. It is a new drill
I see the unit well and then about 1,000 feet away is the point of penetration.
It appears that the well site is on the property of John Nelson (hence Nelson well), but the point of penetration is McCune's property. I think that the McCunes and the Gingles had a no surface clause in their leases and did not want to allow the actual well site on their property maybe.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service