Chesapeake Claims My Lease is Invalid and Won't Pay Royalties

Hello,

My name is Maggie Bryant I am a landowner with 20.335 net mineral acres in Shelbyville, Texas (Shelby County) . The well is Jackson SLB 1H Property No. 639428, this well consists of 382.47 acres. Chesapeake signed a P-12 stating My brother and I had 19 acres pooled in the Jackson SLB 1H well however, they have lied to me on several occasions. I sent them certified letter  however, they informed me I did not have a lease by telephone nothing in writing, the people at Chesapeake would not respond to me in writing only by telephone. I hired an attorney to send a letter to Chesapeake on my behalf, they did respond in writing to the attorney however, they informed the attorney my lease was invalid and that my brother and I had conveyed our acrerage to our relatives which is a bunch of crock and bull. The attorney wrote a second letter to Chesapeake on 9-17-13 requesting they put me in a pay status due to the documentation he provided to them, as of today they have not replied. There was no reply by date on the 2nd letter. I have been going back and forth with Chesapeake since 3/13.  Any person who can read can look at property ID R27663  on the tax records or appraisal districts records and see who is being assessed the taxes and obtain a copy of the plat. The deed is also on file in the Shelby County Courthouse. Can anyone recommend an attorney who is willing to demand immediate payment within 30 days or  take these people to court, all they seem to do is stall and lie for more time. I believe they have paid landowners who were not entitled to payments. Any referrals are appreciated.

Views: 4387

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ken--- no data for Oct 2013 will be reported to RRC on any well  and it will  not show until Jan 2014 --always 2-3 months later---- However as you report on this well in Question --if Well Shut -in since 10/16/2012 then nothing will be reported peroid and nothing flowing to sales.  Is this the Well Maggie is talking of the Jackson SLH ??

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service