I own a % of the mineral rights of a property in Desoto Parish. We have received a recent lease offer but the bonus seems a little low. I realize it is no longer 2008 and the days of the $20,000+ per acre are long gone, but what is realistic at the moment?

Tags: Bonuses, Current, Lease, haynesville, shale

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Henry,
Thank you for explaining that. I always thought of force pooled as something undesireable. Thanks again
In my opinion force pooling is not undesirable. I probably would not lease at all, but I like my WI.
I don't know how standard it is but we did an escalating royalty with Petrohawk a couple years ago. 25% then 30 after the well pays out. You could also try leasing the specific formations separate from each other.
Bacon,
Can you tell us how easy it was to get info out of Petrohawk, so that you would know when the well payed out, and your royalty would escalate? Did the info come easily, or did you have to pull teeth?
Henry what should the bonus money be in San- Augustine Texas
Jerry,
I have absolutely no clue. I don't follow leasing in Texas closely.
Jerry,
If you go look on the site www.haynesvilleplay.com, you will see a section on "Texas completions." It was just updated yesterday. Maybe you can look here and see what the wells in your area are producing. This will give you some sense of how valuable your minerals are. Good luck.
Henry just the other day i was offer 400,000.00 for just 2persent in a tract i own in the 139 survey. what do you think
Jerry, I think you are a blowhard without a pot to pee in.
amen, or a window to throw it out!!!
hey blow hard nut if you know how to figure production on it dont take a nut like you to it out
Haha, Good question. I suppose we'll find out in a few months when we get closer to payout.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service