Chesapeake has permitted the first Haynesville Shale well in the Haughton Field.

Chesapeake, Conger 15 #H1 Well, Serial #239947, S15-T18N-R12W

Views: 228

Replies to This Discussion

that's ok, I'm a touch dyslexic and it could very well be 65. lol They really didn't play around with that loc. Notice how they they had it prepped and with a rig PDQ?
I noticed they are at 9950 feet and "running gyro." Anybody know what "running gyro" means???
Gabby, gryo would be short for gryosurvey. This is is a type of directional survey to tell the driller the exact location of the wellbore in three dimensions.
thanks les
Any new updates on this well?
Greg, drilling is still underway.
Looks like they are at total depth, SONRIS states TD 9-11-09; SET 5 1/2 TO 15,075' W/ 478 SX . I noticed a lot of big equipment leaving the site yesterday. Anybody heard any rumors what it is producing?
Gabby, Chesapeake will still need to frac and complete the well before there is any production. Be on the lookout for frac trucks and tanks moved on location.
Great. Phase one, done. Any idea where they're headed next----Sec 11 or 12????
I'm afraid I've forgotten the section/township/etc. I'm in - I live south of Sligo Road, 194 Joyner Drive, Haughton. Three years ago we got an offer for $150/acre. Then a Fort Worth company offered to buy our mineral rights outright for $3000. We haven't done anything.

We've gotten letters from Chesapeake from time to time that appear to be some sort of maps, but I can't make them out. They originally sent letters out to everyone in the neighborhood, saying they were going to host a neighborhood meeting. I was the only one in the neighborhood that responded, so the lawyer called me and told me they were just willing to answer questions, but he didn't have any info.

Last year we tried to contact Chesapeake but they would never return our calls. I haven't heard from anybody in over a year. Any idea what's going on in my area?
poor musician,

There has been a lot of production in the Sligo field. There is some chance that you may not own your minerals. I have property a few miles away where the minerals are owned by previous owners since the 1940's. On that property, the minerals are held by production. The assessor's office can tell you what Section, Township and Range you are in. With a quick look, it appears that you are in Township 17 North, Range 11 West.

If you do own the minerals. Chesapeake will likely contact you again for a lease when they are closer to drilling a well.

If the company that made you and offer to purchase your minerals is M.C. Minerals they are a subsidiary of Chesapeake.
Parker,

Thanks for the info. Looks like it's a "wait and see" situation for us.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service