i have been approached by an operator in my area, to build a lake on my property. the lake would be about six acres, and would be a water storage facility for their ongoing operations. the operator stated they would be ramping up drilling operations in the upcoming year and had to have a dependable supply of water. i understand all of that and wouldnt mide a small lake on my place. the down side i think would be the nusiance of the truck traffic in and out 24-7 during operations. if i am not mistaken, they plan to buy water from a neighboring lake, store it on my place, and use it when and where they need it.
at this point i am asking myself one thing..... how bad do they need it? water, as we all know is an essential part of drilling and frac operations. they HAVE to have it. i think that will be the key to negioating succesfully. i want to get the most money i can, but i am aware if i shoot too high they may move on down the road. outside of the traffic i cant think of any other real down sides. can any of you? has anyone run across this before? i am clueless as to what type of compensation to ask for. also i dont have any idea of what type of protections to put in place for myself. i have just never had to consider anything like this before.
thanks in advance for all responses.
kj

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John: I think there was some conflict as to the ownership of Smithport Lake/Clear Lake off of 509. Not sure of the results. State owned/Parish owned.
It actualy was not really a conflict. The private owners were building ponds on their own dime hopeing to receive finacial reward, The Police Jury wants to sell water out of the two lakes to finance improvments to the lakes (they are in terrible shape with salvina etc.)

The private owners were afraid of the competetion threating their payoff.

The Jury said it would not undercut private landowners (votes and all).

The problem is with the ownership odf the lakes water though. The question is, who owns the water, the Parish or State?? The parish proposes to escrow the cash until an Atourney Generals opinion can be obtained, and/or arangements with the state can be made (the parish is just a political subdivision of the state after all).
KJ,
What about the possibility of having a "loading station" on the outer edge of your property? Possibly at an area that could be gravity fed from the pond or pumped to that location.
That would reduce the amount of traffic through your property.
birddawg, i have since found out ,
they are going to pipeline the water in and out. that's a good idea though...
kj
Personally, I would want the lines buried.
Drive down LA 71 and see how ugly they are.
Might make sure they don't turn it into a Hazardous waste site.
pg, no worries ,that's not gonna happen on my shift !
baron, i hear what your say'n . if the operator has several units within the five mile radius would it be pratical, expense wise ,for them to bury the lines? what part of LA 71 are the lines located? would'nt mind seeing them prior to my meeting.
kj
From Elm grove to Coushatta.

They could buy just the portion on your property, hav esome kind of hook up at the property line. I could put up with above ground pipes for a few months, but a few years, whole other story.
a haz mat site??? Really P.G.???
You know Baron, that's how we roll. We lure you in with fresh water storage, then we bring in the nuclear materials that we've been buying from the facilities and we bury it in the night. Oh wait, that's the mob in Europe.
If they used a surface pond for recycled water from wells, could permanent contamination that might leach under or perhaps to surrounding areas become an issue?
Or at the least give the fish from the pond a funky taste!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service