I know they all play it close to the vest but does anyone know what Encana's outlook for 2009 is related to new rigs in the area? Rumors have them moving closer to Caddo.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KB, I doubt that Louisiana is as poluted as some say and as for cancer being high in the state, it may be caused by crawfish. Wouldn't that be a blow to the state.
I met face-to-face with two Encana Executives 2 months ago. They are virtually suspending activity in Barnett Shale (Fort Worth) and the goals for Haynesville Shale for 2009 are 2 rigs per month, for 24 total, down from 48-60 rigs in 2009. And talking to them, is like talking to the riddler... the only work in Texas they are looking at is maintenance and roustabout services.
Encana has applied to the Commissioner of Conservation for the drilling of new wells in HA RA SUV throught HA RA SUZ. Letters from the attorneys went out to all mineral right holders last week.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but where is this (field/parish)? thanks
Last thing I heard from EnCana is that they plan to maintain the 6 rigs they currently have running. Which in this marekt is just like an increase.
encana is leasing land in east texas sabine co. i hear and offering $5000.00per acre.
Sandstone, I will try.

1) I believe the drilling being done by Shell in Sabine Parish is part of the Shell/EnCana joint venture. I am less familiar and unsure regarding any drilling in Sabine County. Of course there may be other oil & gas companies leasing and drilling in the area. For instance Chesapeake has formed some units and drilled the Nabors Logan 34 #H1 well. Regarding farming out, the only 3rd party involved should be the drilling contractor that owns the drilling rig. There is the possibility another O&G company would have a larger ownership in a unit formed and would be named the operator.

2) My understanding is the outside of each casing string (surface, intermediate, production) is cemented from the bottom (casing shoe) to the top (surface). There are others on the board that are probably better qualified to answer this topic.

3) I assume you are referring to gas pipeline companies. Generally Shell/EnCana would install and operate the small gathering lines and production facilities within the field. There are and will be 3rd party pipeline companies that will install gas transmission lines from the field to existing gas sales pipelines or will install new long haul gas pipelines for moving the gas to market. Fortunately some new pipelines were already built across North Louisiana for moving gas from East Texas to NE Louisiana and Mississippi. These pipelines provide some capacity for new Haynesville Shale production but additional new pipelines will eventually be required to provide more capacity.
Sandstone, I recall one of the operators saying they hire a 3rd party to dispose of the water. As the drilling increases the companies may plan on recycling some of the water. Also, one of the operators recently commented they only recover about 15% (?) of the frac water during the initial flowback. He said the remaining 85% of the water dripples back over the 30 year well life.

I thought that could possibly also be your question so I just took a guess - obviously the wrong one, sorry.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service