Interesting to see that there will be a 22,000 ft well
to spud soon in Jefferson County exploring Haynesville Shale.

See Mainland Resourses----any comments??????

Tags: Activity, Mississippi

Views: 13514

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

If Mainland Resources has this mississippi well drilled,(it appears that they intend to),they are not afraid to put their money down. If this well turns out to be a good or excellent producer in the shale, then some activity will likely be generated west of this well in louisiana.
Les B,

Jefferson county Mississippi appears to be north and west of Encanas Gulf Coast map. Would the Deep Bossier (Kingsmith) area, shown in the attached pdf, be a sand formation or shale?

Thanks
Ronny, I was just drawing the crescent between Kingsmith and Moesmith - both of which are Deep Bossier Sand prospects.
Interesting read on rigzone today-

At the time of drilling, Chevron
encountered an extremely high-pressure and thicker shale zone (22,000 psi) at
19,400 feet. Here is the rest of it in pdf
Attachments:
Thanks DD for the info.
I think it would alter a lot of stuff. It makes the area a lot bigger. I am interesting to see what happens. Maybe the smaller companies will define the boundaries better. What is a black swan event?
Even if they encounter productive shale and call it HA still does not mean it is continuous from the eastern edge of this play all the way to Miss. I'm no expert just my thought. the current HA play will expand to wherever the shale is located as long as it is economically feasible until those boundaries are reached. That said I do hope that the HA effects positively as many people as possible. Realistically it can't be everywhere.
What does everyone think is the precentage chance that Mainland makes a discovery? Why would Chevron abandon this well in the 1980's?
Im new to this. What does it tell you that the hole temp was 418 degrees? I own some royalites under the Buena Vista project and have had offers to sell. Trying to make a good decision before they complete drilling.

Thanks
so sell the royalites? theres nothing there?

thanks
If these guys had any ability to actually develop this prospect, they wouldn't be talking to newspapers about it.

Sounds like they are fishing for money to me by trying to create their own resource play.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service