What does plugback refer to on the Sonris site?

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can expext several months to go by after completion. It doesn't appear the well you have refered to has been fraced yet.
smith1,

It appears that there may have been problems with the well. SONRIS reports 16885' MD and set 5 1/2 casing to 15075'. They have lost 1810' of lateral for some reason.
wondering if any update for this well #239994, still have not received any division orders either.
It's probably a little early for a DO.  The well was tested on Jan. 18.  14.064 MMcfd on a 22/64" Choke with 7330# Flowing Pressure.  If you haven't heard anything by the end of the month, give Chesapeake a call.
I will and thanks. BTW, did you find this info on Sonris? I tried looking earlier
Yes, SONRIS Lite.  It's not under the Well Scout section.  Look a little further down at the Well Test section.

Thanks, found it but what does the DEL mean? Delivery?

RPT TYP

TEST DATE

RPT DATE

GAS DEL

SDM2G

01/19/2011

01/19/2011

Gas Delivered
My understanding of "Plug-back" is that they did not find anything in the lower section of the hole and they simply plugged back to the section that had what they were looking for in it. There is no need to leave open hole or case a hole any distance below the production formation.
In HA horizontal wells, plug backs are common.  The vertical is utilized to log the HA and determine the target depth for the horizontal.  Then the operator plugs back to a shallower depth to kick off the lateral.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service