Recent Pipeline Expolosions: "Part of a disturbing trend..."

Not my words, don't shoot the messenger.  Seems if it's not environmental issues, it's safety issues, though.  They bring up the San Bruno incident as well as the previous PA and recent TX incidents.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7338592n&tag=api

So, how to debunk this with logical reasoning, science, facts, data?

80)

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These tactics are the same kind of moral blackmail frequently used in politics, i.e., "if you're for natural gas you're ok with polluting aquifers and letting people's houses get blown up."

As others have pointed out, number of accidents and sheer body count aren't really the issue, it's that generally the national media buys into the fantasy of clean coal, wind, solar, and electric cars... and natural gas threatens that fantasy.

there are risks to all forms of energy production. I would love to see a list of big trucks carrying gasoline that wreck on the Interstate - but those stories don't make the headlines - EXPLOSIONS do.  Explosions and burning homes get people's attention.

Here on the West Coast people are getting scared as hell of natural gas explosions.  They worry about old pipes and sabotage. Yes, it's a big problem that will effect NG use. Yes, we must deal with it or else ...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service