I recently was contacted by Encana about royalties on property that my dad had in Stonewall.  I have done the Affidavit of Heirship and death certificate.  I was emailed back and in the email they said that my check would be cut in my name and the name of my ex wife. 

I am sending the divorce decree, but my question is since this is heir property why would she even be named on the check? 

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was advised by these awesome advisors on here to do it back last year but procrastinated... seems all is well...
Yes, a round of applause from me too for the helpful and knowledgeable people who take the time to post here.
Mac, My experiance has been that with these big companies you have good people doing a good job. However, it is easy to get lost in the beauracracy.
Connell,
The site members are making some good points regarding community property while you were still married.
I would consult with your divorce attorney. If you do owe your ex-spouse it would be a percentage of the amount accumulated during your marriage. Courts donot appreciate parties withholding assets from spouses during a divorce. You do not want to be penalized if you do owe her. If you were still married when the well went into production you may have a problem. Good luck!!
Thanks, I will check that out...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service