SNAPSHOT OF THE PLAY: HA UNIT ORDERS/APPLICATIONS BY TOWNSHIP - 04/27/09

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

16N - 12W is HBP.
parker. The entire township?
Skip, Thanks for taking the time to update this file for all us shalers. I have compared the grid each time and it is quite interesting to see what changes. They are not in my area as of yet, but we are on the edge.
Expansion of "the edges" has been hindered by the overall slow down in development of the play for economic reasons. Wouldn't you prefer to wait to be discovered until natural gas spot prices go back up to $8 to $9. LOL! Good things come to those who wait. Good Luck.
YES, I agree. I feel so lucky that they did not try and lease me back in Jan 08. I probably would have leased for a couple hundred an acre and 1/16. I leased years ago for that amount and realize now how that could have been a huge mistake.
Skip, attached is my updated Haynesville Unit grid for comparison. I have highlighted the T-R's with 30 or more units.
Attachments:
Thanks, Les. I'll do a comparison tomorrow.
Skip T19N 14W S23 had applied for HA units a while back. I know this area has not had the greatest numbers in production, but do you think they will figure it out with newer techniques and get the production as high as some of the southern portions of the play?
Greg. The portion of north Caddo that you mention has a number of wells "on hold". The disappointing production from the initial wells in the area has caused all the operators in the area to rethink their completion designs. Though there is a sufficient net thickness of shale, the permeability is different. The way a well is fractured directly affects permeability so I would say there are expectations for improved production in the future. As the formation pressure is less that far north, I do not think the production in north Caddo will equal that of the southern portions of the play you mention. I'd like to think that eventually average HS wells in north Caddo will have IPs of 10 mmcfd.
Thanks Skip'
These updates gives everyone a look at how the play is growing. I find the progression into Webster Parish quite interesting since I have some land there. How far north into Webster do you think it will go?
Catfish. At a guess I think the shale ends somewhere in the vicinity of I-20. From the Cotton Valley Field north, there are numerous deep sand wells. And, IMO, operators such as XTO would be unitizing and drilling shale wells within their leasehold if it was present. Unlike other portions of the play, north Caddo for example, there have been many wells drilled to HA depths over the years in the northern fields from Bossier Parish east. And a review of producing wells of the fields in north Bossier, Webster and Claiborne will reveal quite a few Haynesville sand wells many having been drilled in the 1980's. Obviously, vertical wells with production histories of 25 or so years are not shale wells.
Has the Ada field been drilled deep enough to know where the eastern edge is? I remember seeing a map showing a HA penetration in the Ada field in 18n 8w.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service