Southwestern Energy Completes Acquisition of GEP Haynesville

December 31, 2021

SPRING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) (the “Company”) today announced that it has closed the acquisition of GEP Haynesville, LLC (“GEP”). The transaction builds further scale in the Haynesville, deepens the Company’s inventory, improves key financial metrics, including margins, returns and per-share ratios, fortifies SWN’s financial strength and enhances the Company’s leading presence in the two premier natural gas basins in the US.

In December, the Company completed an offering of $1.15 billion of 4.75% senior notes due 2032 and a $550 million institutional term loan to fund the cash consideration for the acquisition and tender for $300 million of its 2025 senior notes. The Company expects to issue 2022 guidance inclusive of the acquired properties in conjunction with its fourth quarter earnings release.

About Southwestern Energy

Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) is a leading U.S. producer and marketer of natural gas and natural gas liquids focused on responsibly developing large-scale energy assets in the nation’s most prolific shale gas basins. SWN’s returns-driven strategy strives to create sustainable value for its stakeholders by leveraging its scale, financial strength and operational execution. For additional information, please visit and

Views: 461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I inherited property 2 years ago when my father passed away. There is a pipeline that runs through a portion of that property that GEP and Vine hold the lease on. I sent them all the info they needed and got a small check from Vine on Nov 30 and another one for a few dollars more on Dec 30. Nothing from GEP so far. I’m very confused as to how any of this works but I know that when it all slowed down for a while that my Dad still got a small check every month just because the pipe was there and I thought that would have been accruing somewhere for two years and myself and siblings would get that but it hasn’t been mentioned. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Angela, it would be difficult for anyone to offer advise without a copy of the right-of-way agreement your father executed.  Do you have a copy?  Also, it is likely that you will need to some legal assistance from an attorney that deals in oil and gas issues.

I have some copies of stuff I will try to send to you privately somehow tomorrow but could you recommend an attorney please

thank you very much!!

Angela, I use Randy Davidson at Davidson Summers APLC in Shreveport.  You may reach Randy at 318.424.4342 or


© 2022   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service