Does anyone have any information on the well Petrohawk permitted in this section. SIx months ago I was told on this board that they were having trouble getting equipment into set up the location. Just curious as my family has a little land here. Thanks in advance for your help.

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ronnie, no indication the well has spud and the permit expires in early July.

Petrohawk, Culpepper 17 #H1 Well, Serial #240677, S17-T15N-R10W
OK thanks, can they renew the permit again??
Ronnie,
The location has been built, and it has been permitted twice already. I think they can repermit as many times as they like. I think the problem is that there is some property in the unit that is not leased. Keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks alot MIssy, appreciate your information.
Missy, I wonder how much acreage is unleased as most operators will "carry" a certain amount of unleased acreage in a unit.
Les,
I don't know exactly how much but I think it is over 200 acres.
To Whom it may concern, (skip, les, etc)
I didn't know where I could ask you this question. I got a preapplication notice today from Petrohawk for T15 S4 R10w in bienville parish. I see where a well was drilled in 2006 by petrochem serial number 233259 McCoy well. My dad owns a 1/8 interest in 3.17 acres in this section and was contacted by petrochem on April 27, 2006 to lease at 150 an acre and 3/16 th royalty. He never signed the lease and I still have a copy of it. One of the landowners that owned 1/4 interest signed a lease with them and I'm not sure if she may have managed to sign a lease on my dad's 1/8 interest and other family members. I have read how to notify the company's on the haynesville shale about being an unleased mineral owner. I was just wondering if I needed to let petrochem know on this well. I know if it is nonunitized it doesn't affect me because the well is not on this property. I know I will have to watch and see if petrohawk drills a well in this section so i can notify them by certified letter. I may need to get a lawyer and see what has been signed and filed back in 2006. If you know of a good lawyer in Bienville Parish, please let me know. Thanks for everyones help on this site and I enjoy reading daily and I am much more informed. Is there any way of telling if this well was unitized or not?
Horseman, the McCoy well appears to be producing from a Cotton Valley Unit (CV RA SUK) that includes all of Section 4. I have attached a copy of the unit order for your information.
Attachments:
Les,
Thanks so much. Now that I know my dad owns a small amount of acreage in that section, I will see what I can do to find out if I need to send petrochem a certified letter as an umi. I guess petrohawk may have leased the deeper haynesville resevior and I will watch that section and keep reading on this site to see if they drill a well in this section.
Thanks again for all you do!!!
Missy, that may be too much for the operator to carry since it would be ~ 33%.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service