What Price Are You Getting for Gas? Last Update: March 25, 2011

Hello Everyone,

Here are the latest numbers.  If anyone else wishes to participate and provide data for my survey, please follow the instructions below.  I welcome all data.

I am now asking each respondent to provide me the following:

Section/Township/Range -- everyone (if you are in Texas, tell me your county, and the survey)

If you get your check from Chesapeake, please tell me:
Price received (before severence tax)
Does your lease entitle you to cost-free royalties?

If you get your check from one of the others,  please tell me:
Company you leased to
Company who is operating the well
Gross price
Please tell me each deduction, and the amount.
Net amount (before severence tax).  [I know, gross minus deductions ought to equal net, but I just want to make sure.]
Does your lease entitle you to cost-free royalties?

If you are WI or UMO:
Company operating the well
Gross price
Please tell me each deduction, and the amount.
Net amount (before severence tax).  [I know, gross minus deductions ought to equal net, but I just want to make sure.]

Please send me the information via GHS email.  This discussion is getting too large, and sometimes a post gets lost if I don't check in for 24 hours.  All info will be kept confidential. I will continue to post back what I learn periodically. Thanks in advance.

Tags: Are, Gas?, Getting, Price, What, You, for, payments, royalty

Views: 3630

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you suppose some operators would try to recover lease signing $$$ from their royalty payments? I know they are not supposed to. Without disclosing how the price for gas was determined, how would the royalty owner know?
JD,
Royalty owners would not know. That is why I am soliciting information from all royalty owners. Please -- tell us what gross price you are receiving for your gas!!!!
Leased to Chesapeake and Encana drilling
Teri,
Thanks. Please keep the data coming in the upcoming months.
Henry, you should ask for the offtake gas pipeline name.
Les B,
I don't even know what the "offtake gas pipeline" is. So, please help us out. This will not be found on the monthly statement, right? Do you have to go to the well site to find it? Where would one look?

OK everyone, if you've already provided data, but you know the name on your offtake gas pipeline, please send it to me. I will try to collect everything, post it back to everyone for review, and see if we can learn anything.

But for now, WE NEED MORE DATA. If you are worried about giving up your identity, just tell me what state you are in -- nothing more. If you don't want to give up S-T-R info, you can name your field. I'll work with whatever you give me.
Jack Blake will tell you what he gets...........if they ever get the P/L installed......................Come on pipeliners howled Jack Blake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Henry, for example the offtake gas pipeline would be Regency, CenterPoint Field Services, Texas Eastern, Gulf South, CrossTex LIG, Energy Transfer, Enbridge, etc. Such information may help in understanding the differences in natural gas prices between companies.

If the offtaker is an interstate gas pipeline, then there are published price indices for that pipeline that may be helpful in evaluating the "wellhead" price.

The pipeline name should be identifiable by checking the well site or I wondered if it may be information available from the operator. In Texas the TRRC identifies the pipeline name for every well on G-5 and other forms that are publicly available.
Henry,

As a follow-up to Les B's comment, take a look at SONRIS in the "Conservation" section for the link under "Production Information" that says "R5D DE Disposition by Operator & Field for 3 years". If for instance you are looking at Chesapeake (C084) you will find in field after field 917L as the disposition company. 917L is Louisiana Midstream, the affiliate if CHK, whose corporate office is Oklahoma City. Take any operator and field you want. This should lead you in the right direction in determining who the "offtake gas pipeline" company is.

JD
JD,
I went under "Conservation" and "Production Information," but did not find that option. I found "R5D Data Entry" and "R5D Gas Disposition Ledger." What am I missing?
Henry,

You are in SONRIS Classic Forms Powered by Sun Java, which requires Java to be installed on your machine.

Click "R5D Gas Disposition Ledger."

When the Java form loads hit "F7" function key, then enter Field ID and Operator ID, then hit "F8" key. This will give the "offtake gas pipeline" plus more info.
Henry,

Try the SONRIS Lite link. On the left hand column you will see "R5D DE Disposition by Operator & Field for 3 years". That is the link I was trying to direct you to. Most will find SONRIS Lite is easier to use than SONRIS Classic.

JD

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service