What Price Are You Getting for Gas? Last Update: March 25, 2011

Hello Everyone,

Here are the latest numbers.  If anyone else wishes to participate and provide data for my survey, please follow the instructions below.  I welcome all data.

I am now asking each respondent to provide me the following:

Section/Township/Range -- everyone (if you are in Texas, tell me your county, and the survey)

If you get your check from Chesapeake, please tell me:
Price received (before severence tax)
Does your lease entitle you to cost-free royalties?

If you get your check from one of the others,  please tell me:
Company you leased to
Company who is operating the well
Gross price
Please tell me each deduction, and the amount.
Net amount (before severence tax).  [I know, gross minus deductions ought to equal net, but I just want to make sure.]
Does your lease entitle you to cost-free royalties?

If you are WI or UMO:
Company operating the well
Gross price
Please tell me each deduction, and the amount.
Net amount (before severence tax).  [I know, gross minus deductions ought to equal net, but I just want to make sure.]

Please send me the information via GHS email.  This discussion is getting too large, and sometimes a post gets lost if I don't check in for 24 hours.  All info will be kept confidential. I will continue to post back what I learn periodically. Thanks in advance.

Tags: Are, Gas?, Getting, Price, What, You, for, payments, royalty

Views: 3630

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just at the Converse dump and I mentioned to Mr. Rickey Evans that Cheasapeake could be kinda screwing people on their royalties. He said so what the hell are you going to do about it! He told me to file a petition and he would sign it. All I'm saying is if anybody would know if one company is cheating it would be him. He owns a little bit of land in alot of places and has wells that are producing probably from every company. That being said if someone knows Mr. Evans better than I do you really could compare companies. Cheasapeake just recently unitized our section and I don't want to get screwed down the road on our 80 acres. Really this should be an up front transparent process if wellhead price is this-that is what is paid.
Here is my first post of results. I have 10 wells on which data were provided. Les B was kind enough to provide the benchmark prices for me.

To make a long story short.... Based on my VERY-LIMITED data, it appears Chesapeake is paying about a dollar less than everyone else. However, before I buy into the conspiracy theories about Chesapeake screwing everyone, I'd like more data from wells all over the Haynesville shale.

So please people, provide me your information. You don't need to provide S-T-R if you don't want to. All I'm asking for (at this time) is the gross price your operator sold your gas for.
Mr. Ricky Evans Dad was named ,Syd, and seriously if anyone would know whose cheating legally or othwerwise, it would be him. They own a butt load of land with producing wells and could compare if he wanted to.
Can you do this in PDF. I can't open on a Mac.
I imagine that Henry will be able to provide another format - but just for reference... - This is a recent vintage Excel spreadsheet (now stored in XML format with an extra x at the end of the typical filename extension). If you have an older version of Excel you can download a free converter from Microsoft that will automatically convert and open such files in your version of Office apps. Otherwise I believe you can also get the Mac version of OpenOffice (free - open source) which has a spreadsheet app that can also open these XML format MS Office files. You also have the alternative of using one of the free online doc editing services like Google apps or the new online version of Microsoft Office that includes (or will include) free online versions of Word, Excel, & ? to open/edit such files without having to have a local app that can open your file.
I think that should be "Google Docs" instead of "google apps". If you set up a free google account - gmail, etc. you also have access to google docs. I just uploaded Prices for Posting_1.xlsx and could look at it just fine in Google Docs. It also has its own built in function to export as PDF but my first attempt messed up the formatting.
Here it is
Attachments:
Thanks Henry and Ledlights.......
ledlights,
Thanks for the help. Now, if you can figure out how to get more people to submit their data.....
Uhmm... I know at least one person who could add their data to the list.
My bad. I've saved it to the xls version, not xlsx. Try this. If it doesn't work, I'll try something else when I get home from work later today. Sorry.
Henry, good work, I have only been paid for 3 months and will update as soon as i am paid
each month. can I just plug in the amount on the spread sheet?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service