I am hesitant to even ask this question but I just cant decide what to do. My husband passed away last year and he dealt with most of the major decissions. This being one of those. Please be patient with me.We are doing o.k. but are just trying to get our feet back under us.Thank you in advance.

We own about 40 acres in a section that has already been unitized.My huband had been in talks with people earlier last year,that represented a company that said they were interested in leasing our acreage. But those offers of late aren't anything like the ones that Gary and I had talked about.
I have looked at the forced pooling issue and read the discussions on here,more then once.I have also bungled my way through Sonrise and studied well info that just doesnt jive with the offers that are being thrown at me now.As I stated, we are doing o.k. But the future of my two kids could be adversely affected by me not making the right decission.I am not a numbers whiz but from every example that I have figured, I cant find any reason why my land isnt at least worth $30,000 an acre for a bonus. If I am not going to be paid that amount, why would I sign a lease?

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jay,

I don't know why I have an issue of wanting documentation from a landman, but would you be so kind as to give a citation for this lawsuit as well.

I have one other little question. If an experienced landman says sign a lease so that you won't have to file a lawsuit against the big bad oil and gas company to collect your revenue. And then said landman tells you that a lease was signed and that the big bad oil and gas company won't abide by the covenants of said lease so that he can get the royalty that is due.

DO YOU SEE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
Hi Parker:

Inasmuch as there are other parties involved in the suit I mentioned I will not reveal any more than I already have. Wheather or not you believe that there is such a suit is really immaterial because the civil suit records a full of such contests and I’m sure you can get KB to find you several examples if you ask her.

As to your second point, the law with regard to payment of royalties is COMPLETELY different than with unleased mineral interests. If memory serves a royalty owner can get 3X damages for non payment of royalties…plus, if proper demand is made the court can extinguish a lease if the company doesn’t pay…

Royalty owners = Mucho power

UMI= Goat

Best,

Jay
UMI = no income for landman.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH UMI.
So, your question is:

Why do I - a person who makes their living from the exploration for oil and gas - have a problem with people that want to use my money to develop their minerals...at absolutely NO RISK TO THEM (the UMI).

I dunno, I'll have to think about that one.

Anyway, did I answer the second part of your question re royalties v. UMI?
parker = usually when one is involved in litigation, counsel's first advice is not to discuss the particulars/specifics of the case, in my experience anyway.
Jay,

I see with all of the helpful advice that you have given to everyone that you have made only ONE FRIEND - SESPORT PERSON.

HOW ODD.
parker - I think I remember someone here telling me some of my friends are zombies. LOL This is a "virtual" world, and the friends are also "virtual."

Do you take exception to who Jay's or my friends are, because I take no exceptions to yours? And, if so, you may be taking exception to some of your own friends. Aren't friends all supposed to get along, anyway?

Feeding wolf #1 - Best, sesport
Sesport,

I don't always get along with my friends, but I try to treat them in an honorable fashion. I try to have respect for them (virtual or not). None of my friends have ever been refered to as zombies. The friend of yours that you brought bowling was quite a nice lady.
Thank you, parker. Yes that friend is one of the most honrable, insightful people I know. And, as I've said when I sent thank you messages, I enjoyed the crowd at the "Tournament."

Honorable, yes I remember my Girl Scout pledges, and even when I don't get along with ANYBODY, I try to step back and remember to be honorable. And if there is anyone here that I haven't treated so, they only need to let me know. My apology with be forthcoming ... as Dion, Mr. Stewart & KB well know. I use the "1 finger pointing, 3 pointing back" analysis model. :0)

Have a good evening - sesport
parker - I just realized why you referred to my neighbor. No, I'm not saying the friend who was with me has been referred to as a zombie. It was pointed out to me HERE on GHS one morning that my GHS "friends" had turned into zombies. As in ... unresponsive, cut-off, nobody home ... LOL. Seems they don't "accept" apologies either. Hey, that's what friends are for ... old song. :0)

Now, back to the topic because this was some good stuff. And we were learning immensely.
Hi Parker:

I'm really not trying to make friends, but I would prefer not to make any enemies either. All I'm trying to do is present information that gives another perspective. I have shared some of my own experiences as an independent and company landman and investor. Perhaps my posts will help people weigh all of the options and possible consequences of whatever course the might choose.

I truly believe that what I have posted is honest and correct.

Best,

Jay
Jay,

I have no problem with the substance of what you post.

I have always been a big proponent of the landman.

I just like documentation when information is presented.

Sorry but no one with good sense will ever just take a landman's word for something again (unless the landman is Two Dogs or Jim Krow).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service