I am hesitant to even ask this question but I just cant decide what to do. My husband passed away last year and he dealt with most of the major decissions. This being one of those. Please be patient with me.We are doing o.k. but are just trying to get our feet back under us.Thank you in advance.

We own about 40 acres in a section that has already been unitized.My huband had been in talks with people earlier last year,that represented a company that said they were interested in leasing our acreage. But those offers of late aren't anything like the ones that Gary and I had talked about.
I have looked at the forced pooling issue and read the discussions on here,more then once.I have also bungled my way through Sonrise and studied well info that just doesnt jive with the offers that are being thrown at me now.As I stated, we are doing o.k. But the future of my two kids could be adversely affected by me not making the right decission.I am not a numbers whiz but from every example that I have figured, I cant find any reason why my land isnt at least worth $30,000 an acre for a bonus. If I am not going to be paid that amount, why would I sign a lease?

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Parker:

I'm really not trying to make friends, but I would prefer not to make any enemies either. All I'm trying to do is present information that gives another perspective. I have shared some of my own experiences as an independent and company landman and investor. Perhaps my posts will help people weigh all of the options and possible consequences of whatever course the might choose.

I truly believe that what I have posted is honest and correct.

Best,

Jay
Thank you
No, this suit is active ... I WISH we could drop it because it has become a money disposal project. We have an obligation to our Lessors to pursue the case, so we must.

KB:

I sincerely apologize for being a bully....I was, and I regret it.

Jay
Thats the problem with lawsuits, the onlyt real winner is the lawyers.
KB:

I'm getting the strangest feeling of déja vu reading this thread...
LOL ... I'm having deja vu that you already said that.
Mr. Murrell,
Are you the same Jay Murrell that ran for the District 37 State Senate seat ?

You would have fit right in.

Best, . . . Well. . . Have a Good One, anyway.

Snake
Thanks Snake. I think...:-)
Snake,
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? I know sarcasm when I hear it because I am the frikkin' queen of sarcasm!!!!
You need new batteries. I SAID YOU NEED NEW BATTERIES.............
Graysands

Thanks for the sentiments. Most landmen do not have access to very 'sensitive' information. Prospects, drilling schedules and such are usually privileged only to senior landmen, the folks whose jobs are secure. Field landmen actually have very little information regarding the dynamics of a project.

I worked on a project for a broker and I could not even tell our field guys who the client was. So, the chances of this happening is rare, in my opinion. It would be 'career suicide' for any landman attempting to divulge privileged information.

A few years ago, a colleague of mine was fired, he then contacted the competing brokerage in the field and offered all of his files and information to the brokerage for a landman position. The client the broker represented called my broker's client and informed him of the deception. Not sure where he is now, he may be reading my post.

There are plenty of landmen being laid-off right now. The numbers continue to climb each week. It is hard to gauge the impact of the current economic condition in our industry because the Haynesville Shale is business as usual. Sometimes I need to step back and look at E&P from other plays in the country to grasp the reality.

BTW, if any landmen are receiving and ORRI for leases they buy, please let me in on the secret.
I pray that the Lord's hand be on both of these brave souls.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service