HEY FELLOW BENTONITES, LETS GET A THREAD GOING JUST FOR US, NORTH BOSSIER AND PLAIN DEALING ARE ALL OVER THESE THREADS BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH ON (20N 13W) AND (20N AND 12W).

p.s. I JUST TALKED TO A FRIEND WHO SIGNED FOR 30/30 IN DESOTO PARISH. HIS FIRST OFFER WAS 3/25 . SOUND FAMILIER?

Views: 188

Replies to This Discussion

Why is everything so quiet around the Cypress area?
Anything happening as far as offers?
I'm out of town for a while yet and getting antsy and don't want to miss anything.
Alan maybe there isn't much pipeline up this way, or maybe a large percentage of land is already leased by oil companies and the gas companies know they would have to pay big money to get leases from them. Could being around so much water be a negative? I saw on another thread that a well has never been dug deeper than 10000 feet this far north so nobody knows if the haynesville is this far north. I read they were in the process of digging a deep one northeast of plain dealing, and if it hits, i dont see how we (benton area) wouldnt be in line for the big offers too. Look for more info to break in the next week or so, some of the big boys are due to have press releases soon.
There will be up to 10 wells drilled in next year between Benton Rd. and Airline. The first 2 will be CV wells. The third one will be a 12,500 ft test. That is the one to be looking at. It should be starting by end of year. Land in section 16, by Cypress Church, was leased earlier this year. Also some further up Airline/Palmetto.
Glenn,

Do you have an idea where the wells will be drilled between Benton Road and Airline? Closer to Bossier or up near Benton? I ask this because we have the property around the courthouse all the way down past the middle school and across the tracks. Like many we have it leased and would love to see some activity.
Actual sites have not been placed yet. They have drilled five others just south of the middle school aby the pecan orchard. My guess they would range from the country club to the river.
Cash point.
Can you tell me what section Palmetto Park is in? Also, has anybody there been contacted yet? We are on Lawndale Drive.Thanks!
Palmetto Park is S9, T19N, R13W
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080730/...

Good article about north bossier towns leasing public land.
Sue: The man we bought our 3+ acreas from in Benton (T 20n,R 13w,S 11) had a total of ~35 acreas originally, he said he is willing to participate in a group and I know that our neighbor who also purchased land (3+ acreas) from him is interested. I live in North Shreveport at this time and attended a meeting organized by Northpark Estates. They started out with only a hand full of people wanting to participate and there was ~ 400+ people at that meeting. Most of the people at that meeting have not yet been contacted but some have. Rumors are going around that the O&G Co. are not interested in the North Shreveport/Blanchard area but there was a man at the meeting you deals with O&G Co. and he said that he personally spoke with Chesapeak last week and that they are interested in that area. So we as fellow Bentonites can't believe everything we hear about them not being interested in our area. That is why it is better to organize now and be prepared if and when they come knocking. If you go to northparkestates.net you can get an idea of how they started theirs. We all know that there is more power in numbers. We just need to start organizing meetings. Just because they are not knocking on our doors now doesn't mean that they won't be soon. (Our land is located a few miles off of Hwy162, down Butler Hill off of Cycle Plant Rd.) Feel free to email me .
SKB: My husband and I bought 7 acres last year, probably adjoining yours. We would be interested in participating in a group in Benton (we presently live in Bossier but have plans to build one day on our land). Please pass on any information you receive about upcoming meetings.
SKB: Part of S11, T20N, R13W is in the Benton Field Unit. Do you know anything about that field unit which was set up back in the 1940's? I'm just trying to find out if it is still active b/c part of my property was included in it. MY understanding is that if it is still active, then anyone who owns property in that field unit would not own their mineral rights on that property.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service