I own property in Township 20 North. Part of my property is in the Benton Field Unit which was set up back in the 1940's. I have been unable to determine if this is still an active field unit. It covers parts of T21N R 12W, 20N R 13W, and 20N R 12W. Anyone have any info on this area?

Views: 1101

Replies to This Discussion

The assessors office or clerk's office at the court house should be able to tell you. I know it is one of them but do not remember which.
Will they be able to tell me if the field unit is still active?
You will need to look on the LA mineral board website. Find the Sonris link.
I've already looked in Sonris and pulled up the field orders which told me that my property was part of this field unit. Will Sonris tell me if it is still active and if so, where?
I should, unless they are still held by this field unit. I believe it only covers a portion of my property.
I live in 20n 12w sec30 and own mine.
The sections included in the original Benton Field order in T20N R12W are 5,6,7,8,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,27 & 28. Some of the sections have only a partial inclusion. So it appears that yours would not be included. However, this information comes from field order 114 which was amended. The amendments show that adjustments were made to the area included in the original field. However, those adjustments are shown as attachments to field orders 114-A and 114-B and the attachments are not in Sonris.
Kicker, how about Section 22 T19N R12W?
According the original field order it was
T21N R13W parts of sections 34, 35, 36;
T21N R12W parts of section 31;
T20N R13W entire sections 1, 2, 12 and parts of section 3, 10, 11, 13, 14, 24;
T20N R12W entire sections 6, 7, 17, & 18 and parts of sections 5, 8, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 27 & 28.
I also have property (40 acer) in 20n-12w-sec 7. What does this mean for me. I live in Spring, TX. I only inherited the property. I had family that lived there but there all gone now. I maybe far away but my legs aint broke. I will help any way I can. Is there or will there be any meeting about this area?
I have done a little more research on the Benton Field Unit and it is an active unit. Therefore, it is my understanding that the mineral interests in this unit are held by production and not available for lease. However, I can only find one active well holding this entire unit. Doesn't seem right that one well should hold so much property. Not sure what could be done about it though.
Kicker what does this mean that the mineral interests in this unit are held by production and not available for lease? It doesn't sound like a good thing.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service