Weiser-Brown Exxon Mobile #2 open hole vertical did 4330 bbls oil in 8-10 days(THE WELL)

I dont know the exact way to interpret this well's actual days of production but it appears that this vertical well drilled in union Parish in 2009 obviously produced 4300 bbls of oil sometime during Aug.10-20th 2009, an impressive amount of oil from an open hole completion in the LSBD. Took about 30 drilling days to TD.

Another thread mentioned this as THE WELL that kicked off this play.

Well, here is the Sonris report:

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

please add in any further infrences that can be made from the information therein

Views: 15262

Replies to This Discussion

Where are you getting aug 10-20th ?  On the sonris lite link it shows 387 bbls in july and 4330 in august. 

BLO,

Thanks for the Sonris info.

COMPLETED 12/19/12, GAS, SMACKOVER, 504 COND. BOPD, 1019 MCFD, GOR 2022/1, CK
10/64, 50 GVTY, FP 3500, CP -0 PACKER, PERF 9100'-9142' (OPEN HOLE).

Somebody please help discern where the LSBD starts and where the top of the Smackover is at that location. 673boepd for a vertical somewhere in the smackover formation cannot be ignored in Union Parish right now.  

The Weiser-Brown well was tested for 7 1/2 days from 8/11/09 to 8/18/09. The well flowed consistently (hourly) at a rate of +- 500 BOPD and 2.7 MMcfd on an 11/64" choke. Gas was 1150 Btu.

Isn't this the well that they lost control and had to call in help.

Ed,

The Weiser-Brown well was the first to see pressure and raised some eyebrows. I believe they had to call in the Halliburton high pressure crew. I don't think they were able to get logging tools down the hole and that is why it was open hole completed in the Lower Smackover. That is also why you can't find the log of the well on Sonris.

So it was definitely completed in the Lower Smackover Brown Dense? Albeit as a conventional well without fracking?

Correct. No frac. Could be an impressive vertical completion. Don't know why it took this long to get online. I suppose Right of Way issues on the pipeline but don't know.

A number of industry members have speculated that Weiser-Brown had incentives from others to delay the completion.  The "kick" was evidence of unexpected pressure and caught the attention of several companies.  The Borders Exploration/EOG Endsley 1 - 24H was drilled shortly thereafter as the first horizontal attempt in the L SMK.  EOG didn't follow up but SWN was soon revealed to be actively leasing for the BD.  It would make sense that Weiser-Brown would be looking to partner with a larger, more capable operator.  Draw a line from the EXXON-MOBILE #2 to the Doles and Dean wells and you roughly have the axis and possibly the length of the pressure fairway that makes for good BD wells.  Now that the well is flowing to sales W-B will have to file a Completion report and an Allowable report with the Office of Conservation.  It's not posted to the database yet but should be soon.  One of us will post it here when it is available.

The best wells to date are not only in the pressure fairway but are verticals.  If their decline rate is reasonable it may be more profitable to move to vertical development.  The wells would be much less expensive and make for a much lower ROR threshold.

Hi Skip,

Your "best wells are over pressured" and "vertical" sings loud.  Perhaps the play is more of an  "unconventional" Play than a "shale" Play, Time will tell. 

Hi Mike, hope you had a good Christmas.

I see some are working on the idea that a vertical well within a sweet spot pressured zone may be the key rather than the many times more expensive horizontals which have not proved economic as yet.  In trying to think ahead at bit wouldn't that expand the play downdip, even into zones within the regional fault systems, where the worry has been bringing in water through large artificial fracs? 

Hi again Skip,

Yes we did, thank you.  You hit  it well with your "sweet spot wiith pressure" which may well be all this Play will give to its Players."  

It appears that the dry window will begin at 12,000' and if so, then how muchdown dip can one go before the liquids fall too low?

The Empresa wells that are updip will tell a lot. It seems they are seeking the oil window and as you said, pressure is key. 

I agree that vertical completion in the falut zone might work. Dr. Mancini told me over a year ago tha0 the thought this could be an unconventional play with vertical completions. It seems to be looking that way.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service