Any rumors of companies leasing land deep south natchitoches parish?

We were approached by big boys for 2000/acre and a fifth? We weren't even paying attention bc of our location. We are deep down natchitoches parish! Anyone else in this area?

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

Scuttlebutt is they hit oil and gas on the Skinner well in Belmont and Brown well in Spring Ridge. The rig that was working the Skinner well has left but a bigger rig is supposed to be coming back in. This rig will be able to perform the horizontal work that the other rig was not big enough to do.

These are Sabine Parish wells and talk of them belongs in the Sabine group so sorry if I offend anyone. I am only adding it to this discussion because they could be looking for oil with their seismic work as Two Dogs stated.
I was talking about seismic shoots going on in Natchitoches and Winn Parishes. As I have said before in other posts, I think this play, call it what you will, will cover most of North Louisiana. In my uneducated opinion, I think there will be a big lake of oil somewhere in the center. Natural gas is undercooked oil. I would guess that what they are looking for are the faults, that Jay the Geologist talked about, that would crack the shale and let the oil come oozing out.
Well, I sort-a believed him because his hours were being cut and several of his friends were let go. But that's just his company, and I know it was a small one. They don't lease, he was just doing seismic work and research on titles. I just got a little discouraged.
I saw the 300' reference in a post by DeSotoDude on the main board. Have you heard or seen that anywhere else? Would be TERRIFIC news if true.
Never mind. I now see the discussion in the comments sections of DesotoDude's and JimKrow's pages.
Plans are being make for an informatinal meeting about Haynesville Shale leasing and pooling In the Flora-Cypress area on Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2008 beginning at 7:00 pm. Arrangements are being made for a location for the meeting. Featured speakers will be C. Rodney Harrington, a Natchitoches attorney and Lang Wedgeworth, a Shreveport attorney. The public is invited.
Rodney knows us well, he is good people in our book. Melrose, Cypress, Natchez, Bermuda, Flora, Red Dirt, Little River could all gain by grouping together. Hopefully we will get to be there if you guys find a location.
The concern is for the ones that does not know enough to know you dont need to pay a percent to a lawyer of you lease bonus like i am sure he will be asking.........when there is others around here that just charge a one time fee to go over your lease for you ........and it will be the older folk that will be the target on this and the ones that does not know of this website to learn about it
Who is putting on this informational meeting?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service