All - anyone seen anything of XTO Energy? They are said to be moving into the play now.

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

Rob, XTO already has ~ 100,000 net acres in the Haynesville Shale and I expect them to acquire additional leases. They expect to close the Hunt Petroleum purchase by September.
ok Thanks - any leasing you know of in Natchitoches Parish?
Rob, I am not aware of activity by XTO Natchitoches Parish but others are more knowledgable about which companies are leasing.
Let me know if you hear of anything in T9, R9 please...I'm in there...
aprox one month ago a group of land owners put together aprox. 1000 acres and put it up for bids one of the land owners was family in the ajax area. XTO was the high bidder at $13,100/acre. at that time the top leases in north sabine was $5,100/acre after XTO paid that price things changed in sabine to $12,500 being paid by chesapeak. now in sabine there is talk of $15,000 to $20,000/acre.s
Pat, heard 6/25 that XTO leased around Ajax for 10k per acre. Unbelievable. But, heard from good source. A friend of ours.
I'm an absentee owner approached by one landman so far. His offer sounded high until I found out what is going on. Who knows how I can contact other company's representatives to see what I can get? I can't get to the area right now so the only way they's find me is through the Parish records.
You have several options... You can go to XTO's and CHK's web sites, and enter in a description of your land, and they will contact you. Shell/Encana is represented by Coastal Land Co. out of Lafayette. Petrohawk has been running ads in the Shreveport times. You can call them, but my experience is that they will take forever to call you back.

Also... read through the discussions in some of the other areas on this web site, and you will find names/numbers of various landmen.

Good luck.
Hi Rob,
Somewhere in this blog there is a number for Mattew ? don't know last name.
He represents Encana. His cell # is 337.349.4109. My wife called him yesterday, and he was somewhat annoyed with all of the calls he was getting.
He said he was presently working T11 R8 area. But, he said if enough people called from T9 R9 Encana would assign someone. I'd wait and call him on Monday. He said he was headed back to Lafayette for the weekend. I don't know where you're located - but I hope this helps...
Curious if anyone has any information as to drilling activity in the Section 13: Township 11 North - Range 16 West - Desoto Parish (Logansport, LA) by XTO Energy, Petrohawk, EOR Resources, BP America or Chesapeak Energy.
I'm hearing they are leasing on Rocks Creek Road , bonus of $12,900 per acre
Bird, thanks for the information. Do you have a Section-Township-Range for this activity?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service